Corsair project

Show us your dune buggies! Empi Imps, Bounty Hunters, Funco Wampuskitties, Veeps, Hooker Wallabugs, Llamas, home builts, etc. Good ole buggies!
Mike1991

Re: Corsair project

Post by Mike1991 »

Interesting latches. Please share info on them.
MikePresley

Post by MikePresley »

Got the latch from McMaster-Carr. Dual cable pull release latch. Kind of pricey but seems to work very well. I think it's made by Glassmaster controls in Mich.
Mike-Presley

Post by Mike-Presley »

[album[/album]
Took the seat out to readjust the e-brake cables so I would have enough adjustment to actually hold the buggy. I love how, as we get older, everything I work on is just a couple of inches from being in focus in either part of of my glasses. I had to move the handle to the floor originally because the seats touch each other where the handle goes.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (223.12 KiB) Viewed 4023 times
Mike-Presley

Post by Mike-Presley »

It's beem pretty chilly here this winter, nice to have some windows.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (200.52 KiB) Viewed 4018 times
Mike-Presley

Post by Mike-Presley »

Originally I had a spare tire mount built into the buggy. During the build I found a stray Doberman who needed a home. He loved the buggy and with no place to ride I sawsalled the tire mount out for a padded place for the dog and his little pal. The Dobie left us this summer and I adapted the tire mount to a clamp-in one today. Now back to having a spare..