Now i have 2 buggies

Show us your dune buggies! Empi Imps, Bounty Hunters, Funco Wampuskitties, Veeps, Hooker Wallabugs, Llamas, home builts, etc. Good ole buggies!
rich.roy.9

Now i have 2 buggies

Post by rich.roy.9 »

My first buggy is a long body full pan buggy. I have had it for four years . I have been to manx on the banx the past two years in obx. It is a great time for anyone who has not been . I have recently bought a manx2 from another . I am now in the process of making a list of things that need to be done. It is cold in boston area i have only driven it once it was 60 outside of course i didnt check gas and yes i ran out if gas and pushed it about a half mile to a station thankfully . So i am just waiting for spring to come and will be bringing to Carlisle in may for the kit car show. Image

Ride on
langan

Re: Now i have 2 buggies

Post by langan »

Nice buggy
parmaynu

Post by parmaynu »

That looks mean! What are the wheel and tire sizes if you don't mind me asking?
lastmanx

Post by lastmanx »

wow looks to be in good condition. I would suggest taking off all four brake drums to see what condition the brakes and backing plates are in. this is a simple way to see if they have been maintained. taking off the fronts will show if the bearings have been packed regularly with grease. I have bought many buggies that had not been done. you will see if brake wheel cyl.'s are newer or seized. taking off the rears will show the same, and if swingaxle may show leaks. drain trans oil, if good put it back in if not change. same with engine oil. remove spark plugs check condition, it tells condition of engine. these checks mainly require your labor. I suggest this since you intend to go to penn. with the buggy. if you feel like this will be a lot of work; so did the last owner! now that you own it find the time to do it. at best you will find everything in top condition. at worst you will put everything back in top condition and can now drive for years with no worries or breakdowns. as to the gas gauge I assume its not working. fix it. remember if its electric ground it at one of the tank mounting bolts NOT the sender screws. if you need incentive to do the above; think about pushing the buggy. I ran out of gas on my first run due to the wiring issue mentioned (gauge showed 1/2 tank). good luck and again the buggy looks great! well bought. see you around.
rayben

Post by rayben »

Nice buggy dude, looks great!