Production numbers?

Show us your dune buggies! Empi Imps, Bounty Hunters, Funco Wampuskitties, Veeps, Hooker Wallabugs, Llamas, home builts, etc. Good ole buggies!
Chicago Joe

Post by Chicago Joe »

A copy of The Manx Registry may be obtained from: Meyers MANX, Inc P.O. 1491 Valley Center, CA. 92082-1491 760-749-6321
Joe Spittler - 1118
tim morgan

Post by tim morgan »

[QUOTE="Chicago Joe;15364"]A copy of The Manx Registry may be obtained from: Meyers MANX, Inc P.O. 1491 Valley Center, CA. 92082-1491 760-749-6321[/QUOTE] Thanks Tim
CairoManx

Post by CairoManx »

Meyers Manx Inc. mails out the registry of authentic Meyers Manx buggies. To have your Meyers Manx added and get a copy, contact Winnie Meyers. Meyers MANX, Inc P.O. 1491 Valley Center, CA. 92082-1491 760-749-6321
azspeedbuggy

Post by azspeedbuggy »

Lot's of cool information here, good reading. What's the real reason why don't some buggies don't have a VIN tag? Did they really slipped out the back door? Mine has been verified by Bruce and Winnie awhile back, but I sure wish I had a tag. Oh well, it happens. again, great thread, thanks
CairoManx

Post by CairoManx »

[quote="azspeedbuggy;15424"]Lot's of cool information here, good reading. What's the real reason why don't some buggies don't have a VIN tag? Did they really slipped out the back door? Mine has been verified by Bruce and Winnie awhile back, but I sure wish I had a tag. Oh well, it happens. again, great thread, thanks[/quote] Some did slip out the back door or over the back fence. However, Meyers started producing floorpan Manxes in the Fall of 1965, but they didn't put the first serial number tag on until over two years later. Hundreds of Meyers Manxes were sold in that time. The body serial number tags aren't normally used as Vehicle Identification Numbers. Usually the number stamped on the VW chassis is used by the DMV as the VIN.
Jay_Hart

Post by Jay_Hart »

[QUOTE="manxvair;15359"]Jay while reading your posts on DBA you brought up the differences in the front of cc & cv type bodies, I have an authentic cv manx #133 and the front firewall area looks identical to the cc type (square over the tunnel) the napolean hat that i believe you are refering to (angeled upslope area from the pan to the tunnel) is outside and in front of the body firewall as to mount the vw style master brake cylinder.[/QUOTE] I'm finally getting around to reading the latest responses. I really appreciate your input on this. Could you send me detailed photos of your CV? I based that statement on the photo I have that shows the body only off the frame, and I could clearly see the upswept area. It is entirely possible though that this CCV body was modified to mate to a standard VW frame. I say that because I have seen plenty of butchered fiberglass as well as the fact that I could not get better detailed photos of that buggy body due to the fact that those were sent to me by a gentleman who catalogued those images years before and couldn't remember who the owner was. As I couldn't get better detailed photos, I was under the assumption that all the CV's were made to fit the upswept area as it would on a standard pan. I would love to pick your brain about the CV. I would love to have any and all photos you can send me that you might have, especially of the Con-Ferr frame. If you have any photos to pass along, please send them to manxvair@gmail.com I'll have to update that thread with this updated info! Thanks, Jay
manxvair

Post by manxvair »

Jay sorry I haven't responded yet, been working and out of town, I will get some pics together and send them to you.
Mike Dario
Mohave Valley, AZ
Manx Club #957
Manx Club President

Tow'd (Hers)
Manxvair (His)
Manxter Dual Sport #30 Baja Edition #2 (Ours)
Resorter #19-Fuscia(under construction)
Jay_Hart

Post by Jay_Hart »

Thank you so much. Jay
manxvair

Post by manxvair »

pictures sent. Mike
Mike Dario
Mohave Valley, AZ
Manx Club #957
Manx Club President

Tow'd (Hers)
Manxvair (His)
Jay_Hart

Post by Jay_Hart »

Hey Mike, I got your pictures. Thanks so much. Its interesting to see how your cage was tied into the frame, as I have never seen a ManxVair with a cage. In looking at your pictures... I see that the body is the same where it meets the frame as well as around the tunnel. It appears as though there is woodgrain on the "notch" on the right. The notch in the CC frame is specifically to clearance the trailing arm of the Corvair front suspension. Is it possible that the CV frame is not notched in the front corners but the Manx CV body is notched, so a piece of wood was used as a filler? Whatever info you can give me on this detail area is appreciated. Thanks, Jay
manxvair

Post by manxvair »

Sorry about the delay in responding i've been working allot with recent storms in SoCal. The roll bar and engine cage were fabricated by a buddy and myself we wanted to make sure there was plenty of support if it came into play. Yes I am sure the wood was used as a filler like you suspect, 1 body useable on 2 different chassis.
Mike Dario
Mohave Valley, AZ
Manx Club #957
Manx Club President

Tow'd (Hers)
Manxvair (His)
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

I'm sure the rest of us would like to see the pics too...any chance of posting them here?
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)
Jay_Hart

Post by Jay_Hart »

Mike, no problem on the delay. Now I'm stumped.... Meyers produced two different type of bodies for this chassis. I know the rear sections are the same. I thought, based on the picture I have of the blue CV that the body to pan contour followed close to the original VW pan. I understand what you are saying about the different front metal pieces and if viewed from the front, it would throw off your eye into thinking that it was upswept similar to the VW pan bodies. As I have a Con-Ferr frame that was shipped as a CV which should have been a CC I in fact have both the CV and CC front metal plates to look at and measure. This really throws my theory, and I wonder why there were two different bodies made. I wonder what the actual difference between the two are. Furthermore, I'm now wondering if they began with two different bodies and decided that the CC type body could be used as a CV no matter what the front suspension was. I DO have another picture of a supposed CV (although I don NOT have any picture of a tag to verify the statement) that looks like yours does, that is to say fits around the square tunnel as well as the notches in the body. I thought the person who sent me the picture may have been mistaken, but he said it was a CV, and there is a VW beam in the picture. Now would be a great time for someone to come out of nowhere and tell us he used to work for Bruce. My thoughts now are that they began making two different bodies but ended up with one body... either that or they just badged remaining bodies as however they were ordered. Hmmmmmm. Jay
manxvair

Post by manxvair »

Sure if I can figure out how to post pictures here.
Mike Dario
Mohave Valley, AZ
Manx Club #957
Manx Club President

Tow'd (Hers)
Manxvair (His)
manxvair

Post by manxvair »

Here are some pics of my manxvair. Image Image Image Image
Mike Dario
Mohave Valley, AZ
Manx Club #957
Manx Club President

Tow'd (Hers)
Manxvair (His)