September 11-13 2009 Lake Tahoe

Show us your dune buggies! Empi Imps, Bounty Hunters, Funco Wampuskitties, Veeps, Hooker Wallabugs, Llamas, home builts, etc. Good ole buggies!
towd-dude

Post by towd-dude »

[quote="james lemmon;14287"]Buggy Bob, do we have to pay the Manx Club Registration Fee ($30) if we are not camping at Richardson? Thanks,[/quote] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Comic Sans MS]James, Yes. The $30.00 is to support the run. Camping fees are separate no matter where you camp. Bob K [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

Is a flyer coming soon?
BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

you can download the flyer and registration form off the home page under the lake tahoe link. also, if you dont need hookups and you dont want to pay the Camp richardson fees, then the Fallen Leaf Campground is available. Its right around the corner from Camp Richardson. I can not access the RBC website from work, so if you can pass that on to Fulsgold for me.
El-Lobo

Post by El-Lobo »

What does that $30 bucks go for if I'm paying for my own designated space???
BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

for all the fun you will have
BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

When I put together an event, I try to get back to the club members as much as I can by having the dash plaques(refer Magnets) and decals in your checkin packages. I also buy coffee and donuts which averages out to around $200 per event. The new award plaques cost around $275. Postage for the flyer and registration cost around $3-400 because we sent them out seprately from the Mania. We will have a new banner made up because the other one was left with the southern Manx Club event Coor. I have printing cost myself for the show and shine ballots, event schedules and any other pieces of paper that might be in your packages, also the evelopes that you recieve with all the stuff in them cost money. My budget does not come out of the general Manx club account, as Ive stated before, "the events pay for themselves" I try to keep the cost as low as I can with out going in the red. Any excess money gets rolled over into the next event or I buy new equipment for the club like new ez ups and coffee pots and banners. One of my projects right now is to have posters made up from the Big Bear event. That takes up front money to have these printed up, so I have to have some cash in reserve for the things. I hope this explains where your $ goes when you write me a check for an event.
vincent9993

Post by vincent9993 »

Putting an event together costs money, we used to organize automobile scavenger races and after 10 years of charging a minimum fee per entry, were were out of pocket more than I care to count! Bob, you did a good job describing what is takes money wise to organize an event but you failled to describe how much personal volunteer work and stress it takes! Good luck with you Lake Tahoe event! If it's anything like the Big Bear event, you'll score high! We both wish we were able to drive out again!
Vincent Parisien
MC Director - MC 2696
Long Haul League, '69 Kick-Out-S.S., '59 Berrien Nostalgia, '73 Manxter (in progress)
Trips
BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

thanks Vincent, you will be missed in Tahoe
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

Yea Vincent, Only 5 weeks till Lake Tahoe. You have plenty of time to get the buggy loaded and drive out. 4 days each way plus 3 for the run. That is 11 days. 2 long weekends with a week of vacation in the middle. Piece of cake!!!
vincent9993

Post by vincent9993 »

You guys are not helping! lol When France saw your post she came running to me and tried to convince me to go... Now today she pucked up the event registration in the mail. Trust me, if I could get away from work, we would go in a heart beat but unfortunatly it'll have to wait a year or two...
Vincent Parisien
MC Director - MC 2696
Long Haul League, '69 Kick-Out-S.S., '59 Berrien Nostalgia, '73 Manxter (in progress)
Trips
BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

Vincent, Heres an idea. Leave your buggy at home and fly to Reno. I can arrange to have you and Frances picked up and delivered to the camp ground and get you both in a buggy seat Saturday.
Art3358

Post by Art3358 »

[QUOTE="5150bossman;14115"]Not only would you need a class A license, but you would have to have an endorsement for Doubles. A couple of years ago one of the members got a ticket for pulling the camper trailer and a buggy together. He had a class A, but not the endorsement. I believe that the class A is also not a full class A since it is not for commercial use. Check with the DMV, or even better, the AAA for the answer.[/QUOTE] I finally gave up on the Class A license. Too much trouble. I cannot believe what we just did. We sold our 5th wheel trailer, that we loved very much, and bought a 5th wheel toy hauler. My wife says I am out of control. I did not want to do the cabin thing again. Today we called Camp Richardson and canceled our cabin rental and reserved a full hook up campsite. They were very nice about it. We are not having to pay for the cancelation. They are just moving the deposit to the camp site reservation. NOTE: She said they have only one more Full Hook Up site left. I will be in site #29. Can't wait.
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

Tom/ Kathleen I did not see an answer for you about open seats But yes there will be seats open. I will have one along with others so it should be no problem Gene C #729
Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

Thanks Gene! We are looking forward to this trip. Some new country to see, and old & new friends to be with. Tom
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)
Coolrydes

Post by Coolrydes »

Tom & Kathleen, Kevin here from Mendeola Motors.... We should be there (on time this time) and I should have an extra seat in one of our "XS" Dual Sports.... Hey maybe we can find a JUMP and some high speed big bumps to hit? I'll have you wanting an off-road car before you know it...... Kevin "Coolrydes" Zagar