September 11-13 2009 Lake Tahoe

Show us your dune buggies! Empi Imps, Bounty Hunters, Funco Wampuskitties, Veeps, Hooker Wallabugs, Llamas, home builts, etc. Good ole buggies!
BuggyBob

September 11-13 2009 Lake Tahoe

Post by BuggyBob »

For those of you who like to plan ahead, the Manx Club will be in Lake Tahoe, Camp Richardson Sept 11-13. You will be required to make your own reservations for this event by calling Camp Richardson.800.544.1801 I would Highly recommend you do this as soon as possible as this is a supreme campground and does fill fast. Nestled among the trees along the beautiful south shore of Lake Tahoe, Camp Richardson Historic Resort & Marina offers year-round lodging to fit every need. Whether it's a romantic getaway for two, a family reunion, a camp out, or just a quick getaway, you will find what you're looking for at Camp Richardson Resort. •Historic Lakeview & Forest Cabins •Hotel Lodgerooms •Beachside Inn Motel •Lakeside Marina Duplex •Richardson House (sleeps 20) •Tent camping sites •RV Village sites Please note: Camp Richardson Resort has a strict no pet policy. Three distinct campground opportunities are available at Camp Rich: the RV Village, directly across from the Hotel; Badger's Den Campground, located a short walk from the shore of Lake Tahoe; and Eagle's Nest, across the road from Badger's Den Campground. The RV park offers water only, water and electric as well as full hook-up sites. Badger's Den and Eagle's Nest are tent camping areas. Please note: Camp Richardson Resort has a strict no pet policy. Please be aware that Camp Richardson Resort & Marina has an abundance of wildlife: squirrels, ducks, raccoons and bears to name a few. Please, while you are visiting Camp Richardson, don't feed any animals. Never leave food out on a picnic table, in a tent or on a porch. All food, coolers and food containers should be put away. Garbage should be disposed of in animal-proof dumpsters. If these simple rules are followed, the wildlife in our area will not pose a threat to campers. Bob Hunter
Beezer

Post by Beezer »

Thank you, thank you for putting this on again! We had SUCH A BLAST at Tahoe last time! It's a long ways away for those of us from So Cal, but well worth the trip! Looking forward to it! See you in Big Bear next month! Connie & Lynn Breedlove Member #1634 Beezer & Jesus (HeySuus) - originally Aztec Fire!
BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

your welcome, your welcome
BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

I will be in space #12. Bruce and Winnie will be in space #8.
Scott-Drolet

Post by Scott-Drolet »

I'll be in space #10.
Scott Drolet
MC Vice President

MC 47, DSB, RBC, Long Haul League, '64 Monocoque, '67 Manx, '73 Manxter, '64 Stainless Burro, '64 Corvair Burro, '65 Corvair Burro
http://www.ManxClub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.SeaToSeaSafari.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.BurroBuggies.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

I think I'm spaced out! Hoping everyone has a good time!
Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

We called for a room at Camp Richardson, and they said they were full, we will try elsewhere. See (some of) you there! Tom
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

I got the same answer, today.
BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

to all, I was just there this weekend and the rv campground was wide open for our weekend, maybe the rooms and cabins thet rent were booked but there are plenty of rv spaces. I am hurt that you think I would set up a Manx event at a campground that could not accomidate everybody. That is my #1 priority to make sure there is room for everybody and there are showers and restrooms for those who dont have RVs. If Camp richardson say that they are full for that weekend(which I will call them today) then I will pull the plug on this event. But as far as having insde info, you got it first when I posted it on the Manx Club site last week. Bob
jsturtlebuggy

Post by jsturtlebuggy »

Jimbo, I called this afternoon an reserved a spot. They offered me a full hook up spot or the water and electric spot. I am in #20. Sounded like there are plenty of open sites.
Joseph
Manx Club #1095
Having fun with Buggies since 1970
Worked in VWs in shops since 1970
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

Evidently the person I talked to thought I was wanting a room, not a RV spot. I apologize to everyone who might have been offended by my comment for jumping to conclusions!
BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

Apologies accepted.
Scott-Drolet

Post by Scott-Drolet »

Jimbo, you're allright, man. Nobody can stay mad at you. And hey, nothing to do with "insider-dom", I just called Camp Richardson when I read the post. You know, the number of members attending these events continues to grow, and its getting harder to accomodate everyone. Just like the Holloway's spill over from Camp Tanda on the Big Bear event, I'm sure some day we'll all spill over to an adjacent campground up in Lake Tahoe. But, it's still a great time, and it's all about hanging with each other! Looking forward to seeing you in Big Bear. (I think I'm out on the point, too)
Scott Drolet
MC Vice President

MC 47, DSB, RBC, Long Haul League, '64 Monocoque, '67 Manx, '73 Manxter, '64 Stainless Burro, '64 Corvair Burro, '65 Corvair Burro
http://www.ManxClub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.SeaToSeaSafari.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.BurroBuggies.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

Your right, Scott. Nobody can be mad a Jimbo. Hes a cool rightous dude who would help anybody. See you in Big Bear Buggybob aka the insider

Post by 1856 »

Hay ... what or who is an " insiders or?" If there ever is an "insider" break out of the BOX ...