Very Early Meyers Manx with Transvair (Cheap)

Show us your dune buggies! Empi Imps, Bounty Hunters, Funco Wampuskitties, Veeps, Hooker Wallabugs, Llamas, home builts, etc. Good ole buggies!
Scott-Drolet

Post by Scott-Drolet »

That's extrememly unethical to back out of a deal because you *think* you can make more money, especially if you've already taken payment! I called Tim the same day Rick did, but it must have been after Rick as Tim told me it had been sold. Not wanting to screw up Rick's deal, I just thanked him and hung up. Whle we're on that subject, Envy of someone else's purchase is really childish. I hope the Manxclub member that possibly exagerated the value of this car has to really overpay if it makes it to auction! I know I wouldn't bid on it! Honestly, $2,500.00 may have been a fair price, or it might have been too much. At this point, you're esssentially paying for the body, as the Corvair power can be a real mixed bag. Below is a link to a "true Manx body" that sold on ebay recently for $1,150.00. Is Tim's car that much more valuable? I doubt it. The car collecting population in general do not value our fiberglass buggies yet. Maybe they will someday, but right now they just aren't on the radar. Especially since You can completely restore a buggy's gelcoat for about $1,200.00 at boat shops here in Marina Del Rey and make it look like new. Meyers Manx Auction
Scott Drolet
MC Vice President

MC 47, DSB, RBC, Long Haul League, '64 Monocoque, '67 Manx, '73 Manxter, '64 Stainless Burro, '64 Corvair Burro, '65 Corvair Burro
http://www.ManxClub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.SeaToSeaSafari.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.BurroBuggies.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Siggymanx33

Post by Siggymanx33 »

offer+acceptance=deal. Backing away from a done deal is weak. The person that notified the seller is probably an early body owner that thinks he is sitting on a goldmine.
newmanx59

Post by newmanx59 »

I thought a verbal contract especially when money has changed hands, is a legal and binding contract. Hmmmm.
Rick Leddon

Post by Rick Leddon »

Hi Jerry: We not only have a verbal agreement we have a written agreement. There are emails stating that I had paid for the buggy in full. I'm not real sure what to do with it, but my attorney tells me that I own that buggy. I continue to hope I can work it out with Tim. Thanks Rick
newmanx59

Post by newmanx59 »

Hi Rick, I'm no lawyer, all I know is what I see on Judge Judy and Peoples Court, if this were on one of the 2 shows, it would be your buggy. I'm sure your lawyer can point you in the right direction, if you wish to pursue it.
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

YEP...the rear looks like the one on our "OldManx!!!" Image The "nose" bears a resemblence to the one on our "OldManx" too... Image ....as does the windshield frame.... Image
CairoManx

Post by CairoManx »

Bill, You should add a picture of the narrow ledge across the top of the back seat.
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

Rick, hope ya got things sorted with Tim,,,,,, did you end up getting this Manx?

Post by 1856 »

Any up dates on this buggy ... Where is it? Is it on the road? Id sure like to get a copy of the Transvair papers ... Mark
CairoManx

Post by CairoManx »

About 3 owners previous, it was actually used by a uranium prospector in Arizona. Rick Leddon owns it.