Mirror mounting

Show us your dune buggies! Empi Imps, Bounty Hunters, Funco Wampuskitties, Veeps, Hooker Wallabugs, Llamas, home builts, etc. Good ole buggies!
tgodber

Mirror mounting

Post by tgodber »

I bought 2 mirrors that mount to the windshield from Bugshields but I'm a little confused how to mount them. When I try to tighten the mirror arm, the threads of the arm turn and go thru the 2 piece bracket and will damage the windshield frame. I must be doing something wrong. They came without instructions and I'm confused. You can see how the threads come thru in the photo. Thanks, Tim
Old-Towd

Post by Old-Towd »

Hey Tim sorry about your mirrors there the ones that give Buggy Dudes troubles, if you can't get someone to help check out this guy http://www.bandkmfg.com/ he makes them right here in Calif. they're Hot Rod Quality super nice.
Jay - We Sacrifice Quality So You Can Save
1969 Sand Rover T pickup
1962 Baja / 1986 CT110 Honda Trailbike
1973 Thing / Yorba Linda,Ca.
MC 2693, RBC, DSB, SoCalBajas, hondatrailcts, BurroBuggies
newmanx59

Post by newmanx59 »

[QUOTE="tgodber"]I bought 2 mirrors that mount to the windshield from Bugshields but I'm a little confused how to mount them. When I try to tighten the mirror arm, the threads of the arm turn and go thru the 2 piece bracket and will damage the windshield frame. I must be doing something wrong. They came without instructions and I'm confused. You can see how the threads come thru in the photo. Thanks, Tim[/QUOTE] I run the same mirrors you have. You need to turn the nut on the mirror out to set the depth of the stud so it won't contact the windshield frame, Make sure you use loctite on them and you won't have any problems with them.
tgodber

Post by tgodber »

Thanks Jerry. I spent some time playing with them last night and found that I could tighten them as you said. I drove buggy to work today and found that the arms will still move, so I am off to get some red loctite. Cheers, Tim
shaky

Post by shaky »

[QUOTE="tgodber"] I drove buggy to work today Cheers, Tim[/QUOTE] After what has been a really dry hot September, the weather here (blighty) has reverted to form and as I read this I can hear the thunderous rain outside. I can only imagine driving the buggy to work:cry: