I have a set of the ducted sidepods!

Show us your dune buggies! Empi Imps, Bounty Hunters, Funco Wampuskitties, Veeps, Hooker Wallabugs, Llamas, home builts, etc. Good ole buggies!
Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

Olli I'm sure Tom is feeling very validated by now . I'm sure the subi sell will be stepped up a notch. If you read the post I made to Jim, you realize why I am cautious. A Manxter with a subaru engine may very well be accepted @ a VW show. We were @ a show where a dune buggy with a Mazda rotary engine won the buggy class! It was a very original and really great buggy! We agree that somewhere near you would be the best. Next summer, we will have to set a date and hope for nice weather. Kathleen
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)
Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

Gary and Annie Let me be the first to congratulate you on your new addition!!! :D I remember that feeling OH SO WELL! I remember thinking, "what did I do?! :help: I hope Tom knows what to do with all this!" I had visions of the swing set I put together and got to the end and the last screw wasn't long enough. I had to go back and take it apart until I found where I put that longer screw by mistake. If I did that with the manxter, it could take an extra year or 2 to "find that screw" and get the car together! :eek: I'm sure you will find several people who are willing to share information and help you out. Congrats again! Kathleen
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
GotManx

Post by GotManx »

Is that another Orange Manxter? All the fun is just beginning for you.
gary dam

Post by gary dam »

Its different from yours. I saw yours and liked the color but I knew we couldn't have 2 the same color. Its sorta yellow and orange. Its called Magma Orange. When Stewart showed up, my wife and I looked at each other and said, "OH no thats not ours", it looked yellow, but turned orange out in the light. It has been raining so we still haven't seen it in the sunlight. We ordered this color without seeing it. Bruce and Winnie got an sample and sent it to us and a sample of yours so we could see the differences. We are really glad it turned out the way it looks. Like I said before, I will be asking a lot of questions Thanks Gary and Annie
Complex One

Post by Complex One »

Gary and Annie, Welcome and Congratulations...!!! Looks like a really nice garage to do your build in. AHH and another soon to be (2) buggy ownership garage to boot. Sure wish I had that much room but when Bruce delivered my Manxter a couple of years ago and once he actually saw my humble little build shop he got this really BIG smile on his face and I ask "so what's so funny". Bruce said it reminded him a lot of home and his very first build area. I guess he should have seen this area before I had 28 loads of garbage hauled away in preperation for my Manxter build. In any event...just does not matter what kind of shop or garage one has it is all about the fun, experience, and satisfaction of knowing that you have built it yourself..even with those times of frustration that will no doubt find a way into your build. Just always know that we are all here for you and anything that we can do to assist make your build go a little easier either just ask away here on the forum or call one of us if needed. I can personally be reached: (724) 465-6832 - Office or (412) 289-1169 Cell (nationwide) Wish I were starting another Manxter myself just for the fun of it all. Lot's of long hours ahead of you to come but always well worth it in the end. :clap: One Texan to another...Welcome Again.
Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

Gary - as far as "where to start?" After you scratch your head (which you probably have already done), may I suggest some ideas after doing #16? If you have the chassis, start to rebuild it. Before you put the body on (for the last time), it should be a complete rolling chassis with full working brake system and steering. The roof suport structure should have been test fitted and any problems fixed. Don't be afraid to take things apart as you go along. This may happen several times with various parts, but it will be part of the process. Kathleen adds: be prepared to take things apart over and over and over...but you know this if you built your other buggy. Look at your body closely. Does it shine enough for you? Ours had an "orange peel" look. We should have color sanded it and buffed it out before it was built, it would have been much easier. Once all this is done, you can pretty much just follow the steps in the order of the instruction manual. Good luck, take your time and just like the proverbial Christmas bike - "some assembly required". Tom
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT