Ken T.

Show us your dune buggies! Empi Imps, Bounty Hunters, Funco Wampuskitties, Veeps, Hooker Wallabugs, Llamas, home builts, etc. Good ole buggies!
manxter26

Ken T.

Post by manxter26 »

For those of you that have not heard, Ken T. (BUGZAPR) Passed away this afternoon. He was admitted to the hospital and diagnosed with cancer last week. He will be missed.
5150bossman

Post by 5150bossman »

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Ken's family and friends. The world of off-roading and buggies will be a little emptier now. But Ken will always be with us as long as we keep him in our thoughts. So next time you take a wrong turn somewhere on the trail, just think - Now what would Ken T. say (with a smile and a sparkle in his eye)?... Oh yeah, We don't need no stinkin map! Ken, we miss you. :driving:
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

Our friend will truly be missed...thoughts & prayers with the whole Trongo family..... .....'till we meet again..... Bill & Frances Schuster
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

I never met Ken but really feel that I've known him for years thru this and other forums. God bless and care for his family at this time and in the future...
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)
Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

We are so sorry to hear that Ken passed away. Our prayers go out to the family and all his close friends. He sounds like he was quite the character. We would have liked to have gotten to know him. Kathleen
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)
tpinthepack

Loss

Post by tpinthepack »

Definately will feel the loss of any manxclub member, and will keep him in our thoughts. And only a week to fight sounds unfair to me. I wear Nike Livestrong 10/2 cycling gear, and T-shirts in memory of a dear friend who lost their battle late last year. Now it will stand for another one. Would like to see a livestrong band somewhere on his buggies to last a lifetime.
5150bossman

Post by 5150bossman »

Here is a repost from Ken's daughter about the services. We are planning a memorial service for Sunday, June 25th, at 11 a.m. at the Woodland Elks Lodge, 500 Bush Street in Woodland. My family and our friends appreciate all your prayers and support. It will make you smile to know that in his last hours, he asked for a 3/16th wrench. He went peacefully in his sleep. Regards, Buggy Daughter Amy P.S. I really like the idea of posting a biography of sorts and will see what my brother Kenny and I can come up with.
TMc2548

Just so you all know.

Post by TMc2548 »

Just so you all know, the link in Mike and Mel's (5150bossman) signature is for the RBC forums. There are a couple of great threads about Ken Trongo (Bugzapr) to post your thoughts in. I know Ken's family reads the board daily.
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

".....such a long, long time to be gone and a short time to be there....." (Robert Hunter)
5150bossman

Post by 5150bossman »

Ken's service was a reflection of who he was as a person, many facited. There were aspects of his life that even his close buggy friends were unaware of. A large group of friends and family attended, overfilling the room for the heart felt service. We were honored to be a small part of his buggy life. There were about a half dozen buggies that attended. Here is a scan of the pamphlet on Ken that was handed out for the service which only gives the briefest taste of who he was as a man. http://www.manxgallery.org/gallery/album296/1_G As was posted on his club post signatures, "So many runs, So little time...." Ken, if God asks you for a buggy ride from the pearly gates, try not to get him too muddy as you hit the water crossings! :D God's speed. :driving: