Sears Rascal ???

Show us your dune buggies! Empi Imps, Bounty Hunters, Funco Wampuskitties, Veeps, Hooker Wallabugs, Llamas, home builts, etc. Good ole buggies!
Gene-C

Sears Rascal ???

Post by Gene-C »

I have the opportunity to buy a complete but neglected Rascal for $600.00. I know its a Manx clone but being made by (for) Sears should give it some value. Any thoughts on if its worth re-doing based on the fact it's a Rascal??? Needs everything...
Reverb

Post by Reverb »

Try to get some pics of it if you can. If the body style is nice, and in decent condition, I would imagine it being worth the $600...especially if it has a good solid pan under it.
fubar

Post by fubar »

I have found that two buggies are better than one. I have three right now and that is too many.(garage space) If you buy it and regret it, you can sell the bits on ebay and break even. If it starts, stops, and has a title it should be worth at least a grand. And remember, "you get more with a Kenmore"
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

[QUOTE="fubar"]I have found that two buggies are better than one. I have three right now and that is too many.(garage space) If you buy it and regret it, you can sell the bits on ebay and break even. If it starts, stops, and has a title it should be worth at least a grand. And remember, "you get more with a Kenmore"[/QUOTE] I have my finished ManxII, a Shalako project and a clone project already. Not to mention a 70 Ghia in one bay and a bug and a bus in the yard. All are waiting thier turn in the shop... All I need is another project but its hard to turn down a buggy :D