Off Road Geocaching adventure

Hey I left something for you! Did you find it? When it’s OK to leave something behind for someone to find.
blonds-run-amuck

Post by blonds-run-amuck »

This  is a super fun event put on by the Parks Service.  I attended last year and had a great time.  A great way to get in some buggy geocaching time.  You'll be amazed at the effort the Park Service puts into this  event and the way they cater to the off road community!!  They are a great bunch of people!!  Never been geocaching?  This is a great time to learn....you can just join in a caravan and follow along!!

blonds-run-amuck

The event was a huge success and a fun time was had by all!!  The Rangers at Octillo put a lot of effort and planning into make this a fun event for everyone!  The park was split into 7 areas each with a  theme....Plants, Creatures, Animals, Plants, Oil History, Off Road History, Geology.  Each area had 9 geocaches with information on the theme and a puzzle piece that you put into a handbook.  Too my surprise, while working on the Off Road History caches, I opened up the geocache box and it was the history of fiberglass buggies and the themed card was a picture of Bruce Myers!!  It was my favorite find!!  Planning is in the works for next year....hopefully some of you can join me!!

Last edited by blonds-run-amuck on Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
louisb

Post by louisb »

That looks like it was really cool. Any more pics?

--louis
blonds-run-amuck

My camera went belly up at the start of the weekend so I had to borrow a few photos.  I hung around my "jeep" friends cause I was the only buggy in the group. I won't bore you with Jeep pics...

This is one of the many interpitive signs that are all through the park.  Gives a little look into the history of the area.
This is an information booth, one of seven. set up for the event.  Here, we learned about "Rocks"..