Carlisle 2016? Any updates on club events

Upcoming events and get-togethers. Where are we going next?
aburger01

Carlisle 2016? Any updates on club events

Post by aburger01 »

Good Afternoon folks, I was wondering if this group does anything formal for Carlisle in May? I know a lot of other groups already are registered, tents assigned, hotel blocks booked, etc. I went on-line for Carlisle show field pass but didn't see a Manx Club sign up. Does the club do anything official for Carlisle? Thanks everyone. Andy
Chicago Joe

Re: Carlisle 2016? Any updates on club events

Post by Chicago Joe »

Camping at the Carlisle event camping area, short cruise run on Saturday PM, a group dinner at a nice restaurant.

Details usually released 2-3 weeks prior to event.

Here is a link as to what you can expect:
http://www.manxclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=670
Last edited by Chicago Joe on Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aburger01

Post by aburger01 »

Old school :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
aburger01

Post by aburger01 »

Any updates? One week away. Just want to know if the buggy goes with German air-cooled or the buggy area. I do look forward to meeting folks. This is my first year of being a buggy owner. Andy

vincent9993

Post by vincent9993 »

aburger01 wrote:Any updates? One week away. Just want to know if the buggy goes with German air-cooled or the buggy area. I do look forward to meeting folks. This is my first year of being a buggy owner. Andy

This year may be a little different as the event has merged with Performance event but we normally have our own section. We'll also have a dedicated tent to hang around. Not sure if you're on facebook but there's been a lot of discussion on the event page.

Look forward to seeing you there!
aburger01

Post by aburger01 »

Thanks for the update, I've been a Carlisle guy for 20 years in a row now. But I avoid Facebook like the plague :)

Seed you all there, bringing tent in prep and weather actually looks promising

vincent9993

Post by vincent9993 »

aburger01 wrote:Thanks for the update, I've been a Carlisle guy for 20 years in a row now. But I avoid Facebook like the plague :)

Seed you all there, bringing tent in prep and weather actually looks promising

No problem Andy,

I'll tell the group to fence off a spot for you in the camping area...

We will arrive the evening of May 19th to spend a wonderful week-end with friends. See below what's planned for that wonderful week-end:
http://www.carlisleevents.com/carlisle- ... fault.aspx

Friday: We should spend morning and part of the afternoon on the site. Around 4:30pm - 5pm we should have a drive to the Appalachian Brewing Co in Harrisburg for dinner
http://abcbrew.com/brewpubs/harrisburg/

Saturday: Morning and part of the afternoon on site. We are planning a 2 hour ride to see the scenery around the mountains of PA. For dinner, we are planning on having a BBQ onsite...more details to come. Map to be provided later.

Both evenings (Friday and Saturday) we will be all together at the campground to have more fun (may watch video, firepit, spike-in etc). Hope you will all come to join us for this week-end.

We're also trying to organize a BBQ dinner on Saturday evening...
aburger01

Post by aburger01 »

Sounds awesome... Ill be there early Saturday and stay through Sunday !!!

joescoolcustoms

Post by joescoolcustoms »

Will be nice to meet you Saturday.

David and I are driving our buggies up early Friday morning with Jeffery and Brian following in a pickup. Should be a good time, and yes, I too have been watching the weather and so far looks decent.
aburger01

Post by aburger01 »

Wow, the weather turned for the absolute worse I've seen in a while predicted for Carlisle, PA (typical most years though)... The entire east coast looks like a mess for Saturday and Sunday. I've done Carlisle in 2 Cobras and a Speedster since 1998. In the Cobra(s) case, those soft tops are crap ugly but kind of dry. The speedster tops were very well proportioned to the lines of the 356 style, but leaked about 20% around the posts in front. The buggy on the other hand seems like a total wash out. Although I have a TJ Sombrero, I can't imagine driving in driving rain in this thing. Will play by ear on Saturday morning and hope this thing passes quicker than it looks like. Hope to still meet some folks.
vincent9993

Post by vincent9993 »

France and I had the privilege to join the fun again this year. There was some rain and we had to alter some of the planning but everyone enjoyed their time. Thanks to everyone that contributed and participated.

Here are a few pictures pf our week-end:

Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

Thanks guys! Another fun event despite the weather. Tom
aburger01

Post by aburger01 »

It sure was a pleasure meeting everyone at my first Club Event as a year long buggy owner. I missed my Speedster buddies, but found new friends and grew relationships. Funny story, last minute, rain on Saturday, I decided on a 135 mile trip to Carlisle from NJ - was going to bring a truck, decided last minute to drive buggy - changed equipment to bring, grabbed the wrong tent - a summer tent with no rain fly. Below is what my accommodations looked like on Saturday night - thank goodness for the tarp !!!

AND to cap things off, I reunited a proud papa with a long lost buggy child - Great to see Joe with his creation again !!! See you guys at MOTB 16
Last edited by aburger01 on Wed May 25, 2016 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joescoolcustoms

Post by joescoolcustoms »

I had a great time. The cruise was really nice, loved the back roads around the Carlisle area, and it was fun to drive the Race Buggy on the cruise with Stephanie. Food, well, what can I say, I enjoyed it too and found a few long lost pounds that were thought to be gone forever.

And then to see the second buggy I built, and in perfect shape. That was a special moment for me.

The show is OK, and nicely set up by the Fairgrounds organization. Very clean, organized, no waiting for much of anything, pleasant staff, lots of cars from all import makes, almost too much to see and do. Looking forward to next year.

For me, next up is a cruise with some local buddies and a few out of towners around WV in a few weeks. Then another cross continent adventure to Alaska in mid-June. A few shows in a neighboring state, then manx In The Middle for September, and the Coup-de-grace, MOTB '16 this October at the beautiful NC Outer Bank Islands. Looking to put somewhere around 13,000 to 14,000 miles on the Puzzle Manx this year.

See you guys soon, somewhere!