The "trip before the trip" to the Retro Event

Upcoming events and get-togethers. Where are we going next?
principiab

The "trip before the trip" to the Retro Event

Post by principiab »

Hi buggy people!

To anyone who is interested in joining us, consider this an invitation. Lynn and I are doing a short "trip before the Retro Event trip". We are very interested in visiting Borrego Springs / Galleta Meadows to see the desert sculptures. Link below:

http://www.desertusa.com/borrego/bs-art.html

We are going to go to Palm Canyon Hotel & RV Resort (sister resort to Flying Flags) arriving on March 1st. I figure we will get there mid day on the 1st with enough time to kind of scout out the area. On the 2nd, we are going to go see as many of the sculptures as we can. Here is a link to Palm Canyon.

http://www.palmcanyonrvresort.com/

Tell them you're with the Manx Club. There are no discounts ($56.16 per night including tax for a pull through), but they are putting us together. I understand the hotel rates are kinda pricey, but they do have rooms with two queen beds if you don't mind sharing space to make it more affordable.

We will be leaving Palm Canyon for Stagecoach on the morning of the 3rd. Since it's only about 35 miles, should be a leisurely trip and we'll arrive at Stagecoach refreshed and ready for the AWESOME retro event!

Looking forward to exploring BOTH of these new areas and hope to see you there!!

Connie & Lynn Breedlove
PRINCIPIAB@aol.com
principiab

Re: The "trip before the trip" to the Retro Event

Post by principiab »

To everyone joining in on the Palm Canyon Excursion, we are planning a "SHRIMP BOIL" for Wednesday evening March 2nd!!!

If you would like to join in here is what you need to do!

Every couple will bring ONE bag of FROZEN, RAW, SHELL ON shrimp!!!

Every couple will sign up to bring ONE other item. We need Corn-on -the Cobb, small bags of Red Potatoes, and Kielbasa!!! Possibly a bread or roll??

Paul and I have a VERY large pot we will be boiling. We will provide the seasoning, lemons, garlic, butter, cocktail sauce, and onions. (Oh and a bag of shrimp ;)!!!

We will also be boiling a smaller, separate pot without the shrimp for those of you who have allergies!

Your next step is to RSVP and let me know what you would like to bring!!!!

Looking forward to seeing everyone!!!

Bonnie
(818)288-7359
manxvair

Post by manxvair »

We are booked at Palm Canyon and will participate in the Shrimp boil Tuesday night, I'm sure we will bring 1 of everything on the list.
Mike Dario
Mohave Valley, AZ
Manx Club #957
Manx Club President

Tow'd (Hers)
Manxvair (His)
Manxter Dual Sport #30 Baja Edition #2 (Ours)
Resorter #19-Fuscia(under construction)
principiab

Post by principiab »

Awesome! Should be fun times!