2015 -- TOPAZ LAKE - Sept 18-20

Upcoming events and get-togethers. Where are we going next?
5150bossman

2015 -- TOPAZ LAKE - Sept 18-20

Post by 5150bossman »

Reservations made! We are going up on thursday the 17th, and departing on sunday the 20th. As of now (08-03-15), there are 10 rooms left at the club rate. Not sure about the RV sites. :D

This is from last years thread;

http://www.Topazlodge.com

Call 775-266-3338 to reserve a room, 775-266-3337 for RV reservations.
manxvair

Re: 2015 -- TOPAZ LAKE - Sept 18-20

Post by manxvair »

The same time frame we are going, we will be cruising with the SoCal Cruz to Topaz group on the way up but I need to be home on Sunday night.
Mike Dario
Mohave Valley, AZ
Manx Club #957
Manx Club President

Tow'd (Hers)
Manxvair (His)
Manxter Dual Sport #30 Baja Edition #2 (Ours)
Resorter #19-Fuscia(under construction)
cruztotopaz

Post by cruztotopaz »

Hello Manx Club, I know that we have only been home a couple of days. It was an amazing weekend at the Big Bear Bash 2015. For those Buggy lovers that could not be there, it is an event that should not be missed. Now.... It is time to plan for the next Manx Club event at Lake Topaz NV. We are setting up the (Cruz To Topaz | |). Last year was a blast having 7 buggies on the road. Picking up buggies along the way. This year looks to be more! This is a chance to see if you could take your buggy on a long journey. If you would like to make special arrangements to meet the group along the way please contact me. We will make it happen. We will be departing 7am Thursday Sept.17th from Bass Pro Shops in Rancho Cucamonga CA. We will be taking Interstate 15 North to the 395 all the way into Lake Topaz NV. It should take us most of the day to reach Topaz with fuel and lunch breaks. We will return on Monday Sept. 21th giving us the good part of the day to drive back home. We will be doing T-shirts again this year. So if you're interested please let me know quantity and size. Please get your room reservations, as they will fill up quickly.
YOU CAN DO IT !!
If you are interested in joining the
( CRUZ TO TOPAZ | | )
Please contact me.

cruztotopaz@gmail.com
951-830-0992
Richard D.Cushman

SoCal Cruz To Topaz (2014)
Shuffle To Buffalo (2015)
5150bossman

Post by 5150bossman »

For those that have made reservations for Topaz Lodge, Dale enlightened me to an issue with the hotel bookings this week. It seems that anyone who made a reservation at the club rates longer than friday to sunday may have lost the extra days they booked. If you haven't already done so, please call the resort to confirm your reservations. When I called them back up, they had lost my thursday night booking. The employee said that there may have been a computer glitch as this had happened to several other people in the club who had already called to fix their reservations. I know this affects the Hotel, but not sure about the RV park. They were able to add the day back (separate reservation, same rate) and still be in the same room.
manxvair

Post by manxvair »

Thanks for the heads up, we will double check with the Hotel.
Mike Dario
Mohave Valley, AZ
Manx Club #957
Manx Club President

Tow'd (Hers)
Manxvair (His)
manxvair

Post by manxvair »

You weren't kidding Mike, We just got our reservation straightened out. If you booked extra nights, you might want to confirm your reservation!
Mike Dario
Mohave Valley, AZ
Manx Club #957
Manx Club President

Tow'd (Hers)
Manxvair (His)
cbounds

Post by cbounds »

jsturtlebuggy

Post by jsturtlebuggy »

Are asking about sign up sheets for the runs on Saturday? That happens on Friday afternoon and early Saturday morning.
Joseph
Manx Club #1095
Having fun with Buggies since 1970
Worked in VWs in shops since 1970
cbounds

Post by cbounds »

registration for the event
jsturtlebuggy

Post by jsturtlebuggy »

It on the Manx Club Facebook site or you can wait for it to come in the mail.
They usually show up about 3 weeks before the events.
Joseph
Manx Club #1095
5150bossman

Post by 5150bossman »

Here is the info Bob Hunter put out on Facebook;

August 11 at 7:45pm · Edited
The Touring Topaz Event flyer an registration is ready. Any Manx Club member who is planning to come up to Lake Topaz, Nevada, September 18-20 can email me at rhunter8037@sbcglobal.net an I will send it to you. Or you can wait for it in the mail.

jsturtlebuggy

Post by jsturtlebuggy »

14 days to go. It is going to be fun.
Joseph
Manx Club #1095
cruztotopaz

Post by cruztotopaz »

"Cruz To Topaz gas stations, food / rest stops and approximate mileages"

Thanks to everybody that is participating in the Cruz to Topaz this year. We have more than double the number of buggies that we had last year! Looking forward to a great buggy drive up to the Touring Topaz Manx Club Event.

Here is a rundown of what our day will look like...

We are meeting at Bass Pro Shops in Rancho Cucamonga CA. Thursday September 17th at 7 a.m.
We will have a quick drivers meeting at 8 a.m. after which we will quickly depart. There are few gas stations around Bass Pro Shop, please refuel before going to the meeting spot.
(CB radios are highly recommended) It is a beautiful drive that should take us about 10 hours to reach Lake Topaz.

Departing Bass Pro Shop

Taking the I-15 North to the 395.

65 miles - Kramer Junction
We will stop here for Fuel.

65 miles - Pearsonville
We will only stop if needed.

65 miles - Lone Pine
We will stop here for Fuel.

60 miles - Bishop (25mph)
This will be our lunch stop.
Fuel if needed.

There is Schat's Bakery (left side) and across the street is Holy Smokes BBQ, great food OK prices. Mahogany smoked meats is at the North end of Bishop. (right side) Great sandwiches, good service.

Big grade - Sherwin Grade coming out of Bishop, about 10 miles.

60 miles - Entering the June Lake Loop.
We will fuel up here.

We will take the June Lake loop through back to the 395, picking up a buggy on the loop.

About 15 miles out of the June Lake loop we will hit another big grade - Conway Summit.

Now it's downhill to Bridgeport 26 miles.
We will stop if needed.

Note: The little campground on the left about 7 miles from the summit, Virginia Creek Settlement. Big windmill, they have the best Italian food. Breakfast, lunch and dinner. (This is not a stop, unless we have too).

65 - miles Lake Topaz NV.

We are here, we've made it! Now it's time to kick back relax and have a great weekend with rest of our Manx Club Family!

For those that will be returning with us home 'Monday' morning. We will be meeting at 7 a.m. Monday September 21st. In the parking lot of the hotel. We will hold a quick drivers meeting then depart.

Trip/Buggy Prep.

If you have not done a trip in your Buggy like this before, make sure to bring clothing for any situation. Could be hot, could be down right cold! With a group like this, trying to stay on some sort if schedule. You should expect to travel between 60 and 65 miles per hour between scheduled fuel/rest stops.
We're trying not to push it, making the longest distance between fuel stops 130 miles. Most buggies even with the tilted tank should be able to travel that distance. Please make sure your buggy is in sound mechanical and electrical condition. We all will have extra parts and tools. It makes for a lot more fun if we don't have to work on a buggy for very long.

No buggy left behind! If you need help or breakdown. We in the group will be happy to help you. We have additional chase/tow vehicles following the group that will help in any condition.

I'm sure I have forgotten things, any additional suggestions are greatly appreciated. Looking forward to seeing everybody Thursday morning, or meeting you along the way!

CRUZ TO TOPAZ II

Richard Cushman #4041
951-830-0992
cruztotopaz@gmail.com

SoCal Cruz To Topaz
Shuffle To Buffalo
Scott-Drolet

Post by Scott-Drolet »

Hi Everybody, I’ll be coming out of Simi Valley over the 14, so I’ll meet up with everyone in Pearsonville. It looks like you’ll hit there around 9:30am. There’s a shell station along 395 right there. I’ll be sitting there ready to jump in as you pass!

If anyone else is traveling down the 118 to the 14 to the 395, let me know and we can set up a meeting point. I'm planning on pulling onto the freeway at Tapo Canyon around 6:30am.

Looking forward to seeing all of you, and for the adventure we’ll have! :clap:
Scott-Drolet

Post by Scott-Drolet »

I'm getting excited about the cruise to Topaz. Since I basically did nothing but park dunekat when we returned from the Shuffle to Buffalo, I spent yesterday changing the oil, checking the CV joints and repacking the front bearings. Pretty much ready to go!