2015 Big Bear Bash at Big Bear Lake, CA

Upcoming events and get-togethers. Where are we going next?
5150bossman

Re: 2015 Big Bear Bash at Big Bear Lake, CA

Post by 5150bossman »

I found this on a reply to a review at Trip Advisor;

Thank you for choosing Northwoods Resort. Please accept my sincere apologies on the spa being out of order during your stay. In regards to the hotel needing to be refurbished, I am happy to report we will be doing just that. We are scheduled to begin a complete renovation in the late Spring as we re-brand to a Holiday Inn Resort. We certainly hope to have another opportunity to have you as our guests when the renovation is completed this fall. We hope you enjoyed your vacation to Big Bear and look forward to seeing you again.

Warmest Regards
Scott McKay
General Manager
pgrandia

Post by pgrandia »

I seem to have misplaced my registration form and I can't find a pdf version anywhere.
Please help. Thanks
manxvair

Post by manxvair »

pgrandia wrote:I seem to have misplaced my registration form and I can't find a pdf version anywhere.
Please help. Thanks

sent via e-mail
Mike Dario
Mohave Valley, AZ
Manx Club #957
Manx Club President

Tow'd (Hers)
Manxvair (His)
Manxter Dual Sport #30 Baja Edition #2 (Ours)
Resorter #19-Fuscia(under construction)
pgrandia

Post by pgrandia »

Thanks Mike. :D
5150bossman

Post by 5150bossman »

Been watching the Lake fire just south of Big Bear. While the bulk of the fire is burning due east, it has jumped the 38 in a couple of places. I'm sure they are throwing everything they have at those spots so the fire doesn't get a run up the side of the mountain toward BB itself. Will be anxiously waiting to see how any closures affect the runs planed for the BB event.
5150bossman

Post by 5150bossman »

Current fire perimeter

Current Road and Trail Closure Map (07-05)

As of today (07-05), the Forrest Service put out the following information bulletin;
________________________________________________________________________________
The Lake Fire was reported just before 4:00 pm on June 17, 2015. The cause of the fire is under investigation. It is approximately 31,359 acres in size and is now 98% contained.

The fire behavior is currently minimal with heavy fuels smoldering within the perimeter. Smoke may be seen from Highway 38, however it is all well inside the containment lines.
Fire crews and helicopters will continue to be visible to the public and motorists may observe movement of firefighting vehicles along State Route 38. Please be alert while traveling on the highway and yield the right-of-way to emergency personnel and vehicles.

All evacuations have been lifted and Highway 38 has been re-opened, however all Forest Service lands in the area of the fire remain closed to recreation purposes. Please view the Fire Closure Order and Map of Fire Closure.

The following is a list of closed sites:
Day-Use Areas: Barton Flats Visitor Center, Greyback Amphitheatre, and Jenks Lake Day Use Site are closed.

Cabins: Owners of cabins administered by the Forest Service are allowed to access their structures during the daytime, but overnight stays are not authorized at this time. This includes cabins in the Barton Flats, Stetson Creek, Round Cienega, Seven Oaks, Lost Creek, South Fork, and Fish Creek Tracts
Campgrounds: Campgrounds along Hwy 38 will remain closed through the 9th of July including: Barton Flats, San Gorgonio, South Fork, Skyline, Council, Heart Bar, Oso, Lobo, Heart Bar Equestrian, Wildhorse Equestrian, Coon Creek Cabin, Coon Creek Yellow-post Sites, Mission Springs, Green Spot, and Juniper Springs. For campground reservation cancellations and refunds, please call the NRRS reservation service at 877-444-6777. For additional information about campground closures, please contact California Land Management at 909-866-8550

Organizational Camps: Special Use Camps remain closed to campers. Camps are accessible for staff only to conduct maintenance.

Roads:
The following roads are closed due to direct impacts by the fire and fire suppression: Jenks Lake Road, 1N01, 2N01, 2N02, 2N05, 2N61Y, 2N64Y, 2N68Y, 2N69Y, 2N71Y, 2N73Y, 2N74Y, 2N75Y 2N76Y, 2N83Y, 3N03
The following roads in the lower Santa Ana River Area are closed due to flood risk below the burned area: 2N93, 2N06, 1N54, 1N94, 1N09, 1N07, 1N72, 1N45, 1N03

Trails: All hiking trails into the San Gorgonio Wilderness Area remain closed, as well as the Pacific Crest Trail (PCT) between Whitewater Preserve to Onyx Summit.
Last edited by 5150bossman on Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:40 pm, edited 19 times in total.
5150bossman

Post by 5150bossman »

(Edit) Due to a cancellation at Northwoods, there is 1 room left as of 2 PM on the 23rd. If anyone needs a room at the club rate, LAST CHANCE to get it! Be sure to tell them you are with the Manx Dune Buggy Club (All other rooms are SOLD OUT!).
sandhopper2

Post by sandhopper2 »

Still looking for schedule of events , I will arrive some time early Friday afternoon unless there is something going on Friday AM
When is sign up for runs ? What is the dinner menue ?
manxvair

Post by manxvair »

Big Bear Bash Schedule of events
Thursday 7/9/15
Check in 4-6 PM Northwoods Resort Inn, Patio area by pool

Friday 7/10/15
0930 am line up for Buggistas "Gettin Dirty Run" Northwoods Resort Inn parking lot
0945 am Drivers meeting for Buggistas "Gettin Dirty Run" Northwoods Resort Inn parking lot
1000 am Buggistas "Gettin Dirty Run" departs for some fun.(participants will need to provide their own lunch)
1030 am Pre-runs available, Northwoods Resort Inn parking lot
3-6 pm Check in, Run sign up & Raffle tickets on sale. Northwoods Resort Inn, Patio area by pool

Saturday 7/11/15
0800 am Show and Shine, Check in, Run sign up & Raffle tickets on sale. Northwoods Resort Inn parking lot
0930 am Mandatory drivers meeting. Northwoods Resort Inn parking lot
1000 am Leave for runs
500 pm Cocktails and socializing, cash bar, Northwoods Resort Inn banquet room
530 pm Catered dinner, BBQ buffet, Tri-Tip, Chicken, potato salad, green salad, baked beans, rolls, desert, Iced tea, coffee
Northwoods Resort Inn banquet room
7-1100 pm Show and Shine awards followed by DJ & dancing, Northwoods Resort Inn banquet room

Sunday 7/12/15
0745 am line up for morning run, Northwoods Resort Inn parking lot
0800 am additional raffle tickets for sale, Northwoods Resort Inn parking lot
1000 am RAFFLE
1130 am Clean up, good byes, head for home.

*NOTE; AT THE TIME OF THIS POSTING WE STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED OUR PERMITS FROM THE US FOREST SERVICE, OFF ROAD RUNS OF MORE THEN 5 VEHICLES ARE NOT GUARANTEED!
Mike Dario
Mohave Valley, AZ
Manx Club #957
Manx Club President

Tow'd (Hers)
Manxvair (His)
Manxter Dual Sport #30 Baja Edition #2 (Ours)
Resorter #19-Fuscia(under construction)
5150bossman

Post by 5150bossman »

Forwarding an e-mail from yesterday;

We have received word from the rangers in Big Bear that they WILL be approving our permits on Thursday, 9 July 15.

See you all in Big Bear!!

Mike Dario, Lori Ann Dario, Scott Drolet
5150bossman

Post by 5150bossman »

:clap: Woo hoo, we're here! Got rained on coming up the hill (actually heavy drizzle). Clear at the top of the hill, but a little chilly. 50 at 8 am.
marklandon

Post by marklandon »

Heading out now will be a great time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brad

Post by Brad »

5150bossman

Post by 5150bossman »

So this is what the girls do when they go of on their own run?..... So very proud of them!

Last edited by 5150bossman on Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aBuggymom1

Post by aBuggymom1 »

5150bossman wrote:So this is what the girls do when they go of on their own run?..... So very proud of them!

ImageImage