2015 Manx Over The Falls - Buffalo, New York June 25-28

Upcoming events and get-togethers. Where are we going next?
Gary0302

Re: 2015 Manx Over The Falls - Buffalo, New York June 25-28

Post by Gary0302 »

Schedule of Events update with venue and time change for Saturday evening, June 27th. New location and time for dinner: Towne Restaurant, 186 Allen St, Buffalo NY, 14201. Starts at 5:15 p.m.

2015 Manx Over The Falls
FrizzysManx

Post by FrizzysManx »

Hi everyone , just wanted to remind everybody , their is only six days left to register for Manx over The Falls by mail, So please make sure they are in by the deadline , if not they will be returned and you will have to register at the event .
Thanks and the event is only 35 days away !
See you all soon , and be ready for some fun !
MyManx

Post by MyManx »

I have reservations at the host hotel and am planning on trailering my Manx from MI. I contacted the hotel about parking for my truck and trailer. They say that there will be no room in their lot for a trailer and they don't know of any parking nearby. Street parking is all they can offer. Does anyone have a solution for this? Is there another hotel nearby that may have parking space for a trailer?
Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

MyManx - when you look for a hotel/motel and you have a rig like that, look to see if they have "truck parking". That usually means they have a side lot that can hold 18 wheel rigs. When I travel with our large box van, thats what I look for. Tom
FrizzysManx

Post by FrizzysManx »

My Manx ,
Hi this is Frizzy the host of the event , I will be offering Guests use of my ware house lot space which is a secure area to keep the trailers parked it is about ten minutes from the host hotel , any questions call me , or PM me
Frizzy
FrizzysManx

Post by FrizzysManx »

Hi everyone , I was able to secure five more rooms at the Holiday Inn , they only have king beds available , I know Winnies daughter is interested, in one ,so that will make four rooms left at the Manx Club rate is still available , so make sure you mention that when reserving your room .
See you soon Frizzy.
PowersBuggies

Post by PowersBuggies »

*********ADVANCE REGISTRATION UPDATE!*********

As of right now....(Drum Roll).......

95 People and 43 Buggies are pre-registered for this event and I know of more that have been mailed out but not received yet!

WOOHOO! We have ourselves a full-on BUGGY BASH in BUFFALO!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Craig and Rebecca
Manx Club #3634
66 Manx/68 Towd - His
67 Tow'd/67 Manx - Hers
67 Dune Buggy - Our Build
69 Empi Imp - Korinne

2016 Goals: Rebecca - Joining the ranks of the Iron Buggy and Long Haul League

***ACCOMPLISHED!***
2015 GOAL: MOTB 2015 HERE WE COME! - With the Tow'd and the Manx!
Gary0302

Post by Gary0302 »

Important and critical update for those that plan to trailer their buggies to this year’s Manx Over The Falls:

For those of you that plan to stay at the host hotel, Holiday Inn Buffalo – Downtown,there will be no space available in their parking lot for trailers; no exceptions. However the event host, Marc Frisicaro has made arrangements to have space available off-site at a storage facility; the address is 45 Pannell St, Buffalo NY, 14214. According the Marc, the facility is fenced in and is locked at night. Gates are usually locked at 10:00 pm and open at 7:00 am, but Marc does have a key for those in need.

The facility is about 10 minutes from the host hotel. Marc will make himself available to take several lead runs and assist attendees and show them where to park on the property. It is recommended that those who want to take advantage of this off-site storage area call Marc directly to coordinate your efforts. Consideration must be given when deciding if you are going to (A) go to the storage facility first, unload, and then drive your buggy to the hotel with your luggage etc. and check in, or (B) unload your belongings at the hotel first, then go to the storage facility to park your trailer and unload your buggy. Please keep Marc’s cell number set aside for coordination and/or any questions you may have; 716-602-4888.

2015 Manx Over The Falls
vincent9993

Post by vincent9993 »

Here's another incentive to cross into the Canadian side: Get a chance to see a complete circle rainbow! I wonder if there are 2 pots of gold on the ground?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB1CPwID-ss[/youtube]
FrizzysManx

Post by FrizzysManx »

13 Days and counting till Manx Over the Falls , See you here and safe travels!!!!!!!!!!
Frizzy
vincent9993

Post by vincent9993 »

Oh yes, we are back on the road for another trip. We are presently in Buffalo until Sunday. We left Montreal this morning around 5:45am under a beautiful blue sky. It was not really hot 63F (17C). We went to Ontario before I asked Vincent to stop to put the top. We went to the Thousand Islands boarder, nobody was there. The custom agent was not too friendly but at least, we passed without any problems. The sky became cloudy when we drove near Watertown et we lost the sun. We went to Endicott (New York State) to meet our friends (Bud, Paul, John, Ron and Chris). It is at this place that the sun came back. We really enjoy seeing our friends again. We will need to put a “x” on the calendar because since I’ve known Vincent (August 25th, 1996), it was the first time that we stopped at a McDonald. We arrived at the hotel around 5:00pm. While I chose the pictures and started the recap, Vincent and the boys were working on the dune buggies in the parking lot. For dinner, we went to Gabriel’s Gate (3 minutes walk from the hotel). The restaurant is just in front of the Frizzy’s (who the owner is Marc our friend). We finished the night at his bar and he came to join us.

Provinces / States: Quebec – Ontario – New York
Average Temp: 72F / 22C
Consumed Beers: Gabriel Brown Ale, Hopsy Daisy, Magic Hat #9
Mileage: 560 miles (901KM)

Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

Glad everyone made it (sort of) OK. Today is Kathleen's Birthday. There will be a cake for all to share at Frizzie's tonight, after 6:00. All buggy people are welcome. Thanks! Tom
vincent9993

Post by vincent9993 »

Another great day just ended. This morning Vincent went for an appointment to change two tires on the dune buggy (he took the appointment this week from Montreal). When he was back to the hotel, we ate breakfast with our friends. A dune buggy trip will not be a successful trip if the guys didn’t do few repairs. So this morning, guys helped Ron to change the exhaust on his dune buggy. After that, Rebecca arrived with two buggies. Not being sure if the weather will be nice or not, a group of 8 dune buggies decided to go to Canada to see the Falls. So, it was the Canadians (i.e. Vincent and myself) who lead the group to the destination. Even the custom agents decided that our friends were nice enough to come in to our country…were they able to come out…keep reading and you will know.

The road to go was wonderful and the houses….dream’s houses with 3, 4 and 5 garages. More and more we were driving to the Falls, more the sun was present. We took the right decision to go to Canada and spend the day at the Falls. I need to admit that people were taken almost more pictures of the buggies that of the Falls…it was really funny.

After many pictures, we were almost ready to leave when Vincent received a phone call from Jean (our dune buggy friend from Quebec), he was near us. We wait for him and he drove with us (to come back to our hotel). Oh yes, all our friends are safe back to their country. We hope that they enjoyed enough Canada to come back to visit us in Montreal.

When we arrived at the hotel, all our friends from « Shuffle to Buffalo » from the west side of the USA were there. Lot of talking with them. After, we went to Frizzy’s for the registration, eat something and celebrate Kathleen’s birthday (who will be with us for ECVW 2015).

Tomorrow we should have another nice day, we can’t wait. We wish you good night (or good day) and talk to you soon.
Provinces / States: Ontario / New York
Average Temp : 77F (25C)
Consumed beers: Too many but when the ride in dune buggy was finished.
Mileage: 33 miles (53KM)

Vincent et/and France xxx

vincent9993

Post by vincent9993 »

Today the weather was really nice. Oh yes looks like yesterday was a little hard on some… Vincent asked me for some Tylenols… Today was Mike Dario’s B-Day.
We started the day at the “State Park” for some socializing with everyone. We then took a cruise that was a little different than usual through the streets of Buffalo… We manage to not lose anyone! We had lunch at the Hard Rock Café on the American side. We then went on the Maid of the Mist for a small shower. For dinner, we went to Pearl Street Grill & Brewery. We ate well and were with great friends. We’re crossing our fingers and hope we will not get too much rain tomorrow for the “Show-n-Shine”.

Signing out as it’s getting late. Enjoy the pictures.

States visited: New York
Average temp: 25C (77F)
Beers : Too many but Vincent was not driving tonight!
Distance: 35km (22 miles)
Good night.

Frenchie Girl

2015 Manx Over The Falls - Buffalo, New York June 25-28

Post by Frenchie Girl »

Manx Club in the local newsImageImage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk