Shuffle off to Buffalo! Really.

Upcoming events and get-togethers. Where are we going next?
Scott-Drolet

Shuffle off to Buffalo! Really.

Post by Scott-Drolet »

2013 was the Sea-to-Sea Safari. 2014 was the NORRA 1000 Cabo San Lucas Run. The time has come to plan the Shuffle Off to Buffalo run in June of 2015!

Manx Club Member Marc "Frizzy" Frisicaro is contemplating organizing an event in Buffalo, New York, in June of next year. It's about 2500 miles one-way from Los Angeles, California. So, a little less than the 2,700 miles we covered one-way from San Diego, CA to Nags Head, NC last year. I'm not gonna let the details out of the bag yet, because it's still in the planning stages. Mark your calendars, pack some stuff, change your oil, and lets go!

List your participation here, and I'll start working out the route we'll take, the miles we'll cover each day, hotel stop, and the best dining spots.

To quote Bruce Meyers: "Once you say you're going to do something, you have to do it!"

marklandon

Re: Shuffle off to Buffalo! Really.

Post by marklandon »

Its something to think on ?????
YellowTowd3582

Post by YellowTowd3582 »

Need to know the exact dates fairly soon. I have a major project tentatively scheduled to go into production next june. smiley: alien
FrizzysManx

Post by FrizzysManx »

Hi everyone , I just want to anounce the date for Manx over the Falls , it will be June 25 th to the 28th 2015 , so mark it on your calender .
I have allready dove in head first and have reserved a hotel as home base and other venues for our event ! Just got an artist to start our flyer and artwork for t-shirts !
Bruce and Winnie have commited so its all A go!
More details soon!
Marc
manxvair

Post by manxvair »

Just a little FYI: from Simi Valley in So-Cal to Buffalo NY is just under 2600 miles, at a rate of 400 miles a day driven, estimated time to get across country is 6.5 days. at 60 mph it would require 6.67 hours to drive 400 miles not including fuel, food and bathroom stops.
DIESELDOOG

Post by DIESELDOOG »

6.67 hours to drive from Simi Valley, CA to Buffalo, NY at 60 MPH?

More like 43.5 hrs
Joe
manxvair

Post by manxvair »

My Manxvair is fast Joe! Lol! Ok that should read 6.67 hours a day at 60 mph to cover 400 miles a day, but I think you knew that.
DIESELDOOG

Post by DIESELDOOG »

Sorry Mike, I thought that you were going to use the faster than light TOWD
principiab

Post by principiab »

Hope to catch up with you at some point along the route, though we will be in our motorhome as may combine this with a trip to Texas to see our daughter.

Fingers crossed we can make it all work!
RedBaronofRedBud

Post by RedBaronofRedBud »

This looks to be great!

Scott, do you have an idea of what route you may take or are you taking suggestions?

If you're taking suggestions, perhaps traveling along Route 66 (its actually I-40 and then I-44) from LA to Chicago and then going along toward South Bend and Cleveland along the lake (2670 mi). Or, you could go Route 66 to St Louis and then take I-70 to Columbus and Cleveland then along the lake to Buffalo (2587 mi). Either way would be great! There is a third route that takes you through Vegas, Denver and then Nebraska, Iowa and N Illinois to Chicago and then along the lake to Buffalo (2553 mi) but whatever route you decide, it will be great! (All my calculations started at Santa Monica Pier)

Hope this helps and please let us know more as time progresses!

Tim
marklandon

Post by marklandon »

We just made all the reservations we will meet up in Saint George and head EAST with the group