May 3-4, Bruce, Winnie, Old Red on the steps of Library of C

Upcoming events and get-togethers. Where are we going next?
calvin

May 3-4, Bruce, Winnie, Old Red on the steps of Library of C

Post by calvin »

I saw this listed in Bruce and Winnie's schedule. It is close to home for me (Washington DC). I have never seen Old Red and would like another chance to say "Hi!" to Bruce and Winnie.
So here is what I found out about this:

http://www.historicvehicle.org/Events/e ... he-Capital

The HVA will be partnering with VW, in collaboration with the Trust for the National Mall, to host the first ever Cars At The Capital gathering--a celebration of automotive heritage.
•The event is open to the public and designed to raise awareness of and engagement in the preservation of our automotive heritage
•Ten automobiles will be exhibited at the event, one per decade from the 1890's to the 1980s, with each being eligible for the National Historic Vehicle Register
•The early morning cars and coffee portion of the event will be held Saturday, May 3 from 6:30am – 9:30am
•Event times: Saturday, May 3 from 6:30am – 5:00pm; and Sunday, May 4 from 9:30am – 5:00pm
•There will be special exhibits, educational displays, and lecture series throughout both days
•Located on the National Mall in a tent between 12th and 14th Streets
•Owners of classic cars, automotive enthusiasts and the general public are invited to partake in this celebration of automotive heritage

I assume this is still on Bruce and Winnie's schedule. Anyone else thinking about going to this?

Calvin
vincent9993

Re: May 3-4, Bruce, Winnie, Old Red on the steps of Library

Post by vincent9993 »

Hi Calvin, you are correct, Bruce and Winnie will be at the event.

I spoke with one of the event organizer about having club members attend and they are excited of having Dune Buggies join in on the car showing on Saturday morning.
He’s confirmed that people showing up between 6:00 and 9:30 on Saturday morning would be able to park near the other 12 cars on display (Old Red being one of them).