Slow new build,Manx #1089

Upcoming events and get-togethers. Where are we going next?
Dan B.

Post by Dan B. »

Dave & gail, Which Racetrim seat are you using? The thin one? I'm thinking of using the racetrim-thin seat on my manx clone. It kind of looked familiar... Dan
Dave & Gail

Post by Dave & Gail »

Dan, my seats are the Race Trim UTV seats Part #62-2817-0. I think they are 20" wide) they fit very nice in may Manx copy.
Ed-Chenal

Lowering your seats

Post by Ed-Chenal »

Check the Garage section of this site. It explains how to do it with pictures.
Ed
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

El-Lobo

Post by El-Lobo »

I've always cut the rear tubes shorter than the front to lean the seat back a bit. This really helps if you're a tall dude. I figure out the height by stacking shims or boards under the seats to get the measurement and angle just right.
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

Be careful of bolting the adjusters directly to the floor, as I did that and they fill up with debris, sand etc, and rust up pretty fast, then do not work.
tim morgan

Post by tim morgan »

Had time this week to install a cable lift in the bug shop,,Works well,,,My buddy Mike next door thinks it's great,Now I don't have to bug him all the time to help me move it on and off,,LOL
tim morgan

Post by tim morgan »

Got a call from Winnie today,,My vented side pods and hood are ready,,So im off to Valley Center Ca Saturday to pick them up,,Also picking up a trans from Car Craft,,Thanks Bob for hooking me up with Ron at Car Craft,,Nice guy,I called him to day to see if they had the trans I wanted and they did not have one made,,I told him I was coming through Riverside Saturday on my way to pick up my parts from Winnie ,,He said he would call me back,,5 minuets later I get a call from him and he told me the tech would work late to build one for me,,Pick it up saturday at noon,,,Is that service or what,,,,And I get to meet Bruce for the first time,,,This should be fun,,,,
tim morgan

Post by tim morgan »

Made my seat tracks today,,1" angel iron,,1"pipe on the front to get the seat at the right angel,,And a little aircraft wire to connect the seat adjusters together,Ran a couple of treaded thru bolts to hold it together,,Now I just need to make sheet metal covers for the front of the tracks to make it look clean,,,Also drilled the frame for the body,,,
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

[QUOTE="tim morgan;14466"]Got a call from Winnie today,,My vented side pods and hood are ready,,So im off to Valley Center Ca Saturday to pick them up,,Also picking up a trans from Car Craft,,Thanks Bob for hooking me up with Ron at Car Craft,,Nice guy,I called him to day to see if they had the trans I wanted and they did not have one made,,I told him I was coming through Riverside Saturday on my way to pick up my parts from Winnie ,,He said he would call me back,,5 minuets later I get a call from him and he told me the tech would work late to build one for me,,Pick it up saturday at noon,,,Is that service or what,,,,And I get to meet Bruce for the first time,,,This should be fun,,,,[/QUOTE] Give Bruce and Winnie my regards. I got to go up there in February with Bob and Jay from this club and had a blast. We went for lunch at Fat Ivor's Rib Shack...Bruce's got a really great appetite for cheese burgers...
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)
tim morgan

Post by tim morgan »

Road Trip,,1008 miles saturday,I left at 4 am from AZ to Bruce and Winnie's house in Valley Center Ca,,Picked up my new hood and vented side pods,,First time I met the 2,,Had a good time,,I could have talked to Bruce for days,What a great guy,but could only stay for an hour,,Back on the road,,Next stop Riverside,,Picked up a nice rebuilt HD street swing trans,,Thanks to Bob for hooking me up with Ron at Car Craft,,,Man that place is a dune buggy candy store,,,I could have spent all day there to,,But had to get back on the road,,Got home about 7.30 pm and man was I beat,,But it was well worth it just to meet Bruce and Winnie,,Here are some pic's,,The side pods look sweet,,I think I am the first one to put the vented pod's on a Manx II,,But I may be wrong,,I told Bruce and Winnie hi for ya David J..They say howdy back,,
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

I'm glad everything went well, the pods look sweeeet!!!!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)
towd-dude

Post by towd-dude »

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Tim,[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS]We must have passed each other this past weekend. I was at CarCraft Friday and saw your tranny sitting on the floor looking goooood. Did you tell Ron you are a Manx Club member and get your discount? Then Friday after noon went to Bruce's and saw your sidepods sitting there also. Did you see the new hood Bruce is working on for the SS Kickout? I like it much better than the one with four lights.[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS]I'm looking forward to seeing your project on the road. Progress is looking good too.[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Bob [/FONT]
tim morgan

Post by tim morgan »

Bob,,Ron gave me a great deal on the trans,,So good I cant tell you on line,LOL,,,and no,I did not see the new hood,,Like I said,,I wish I had more time to spend with Bruce ,So much road to cover,,,So little time,,Would have been nice to run into you,,Big Bear is on the calendar for next year for sure,,Tim
tim morgan

Post by tim morgan »

Can somebody tell me what goes in this treaded hole on the tail housing,,Temp switch ?? or just a plug,,I have 3 swing trainees,and none have this hole....Thanks,,,