Slow new build,Manx #1089

Upcoming events and get-togethers. Where are we going next?
tim morgan

Slow new build,Manx #1089

Post by tim morgan »

Lets get the show on the road,,I have my chassis from Dave Barrett,,Now its time to take it to a buddy and have him powder coat it,,Im going to keep this till I die,so mite as well do it right,,,Lots of questions to come as the build goes on,,,Thank in-advance,Tim Image
CairoManx

Post by CairoManx »

Are you sure its ready to go to the powder coaters? Are you going to drill any holes, like to mount the body and seat brackets, or weld on any brackets, like to mount floor panels. You really want to get all that stuff done before you paint it.
tim morgan

Post by tim morgan »

All holes drilled and its getting a diamond plate floor screwed into the bottom of the frame,Should be set to go,,
El-Lobo

Slow and easy.....

Post by El-Lobo »

What are your plans? Mild, Mid or Wild ??? I'm sure some will share some cage build pictures and ideas.....I got a whole bunch of Nikked roll cage pics if you'd like.
tim morgan

Post by tim morgan »

[QUOTE="CairoManx;13843"]Are you sure its ready to go to the powder coaters? Are you going to drill any holes, like to mount the body and seat brackets, or weld on any brackets, like to mount floor panels. You really want to get all that stuff done before you paint it.[/QUOTE]Thanks for getting me thinking,,I do have some welding to do,,,That would have sucked !!!
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

Powder coating and painting should be done after everything has been bulit, and assembled, then dis-assemble everything for a final coat of paint and/or powder coat. You can clean, weld & re-paint, but welding after powder coating, is a diaster.
tim morgan

Post by tim morgan »

[QUOTE="lsjimbo;13853"]Powder coating and painting should be done after everything has been bulit, and assembled, then dis-assemble everything for a final coat of paint and/or powder coat. You can clean, weld & re-paint, but welding after powder coating, is a diaster.[/QUOTE]Yah your right,I get way ahead of my self,Good thing I have you guys to keep me in check,,,,
tim morgan

Post by tim morgan »

I need to order rear (swing) spring plates and I find there are to differant sizes,21 3/4 or 24 11/16,,,????I also need a new front beam,I was looking at a Puma adjustable beam,,??? What are your thoughts ...
El-Lobo

Post by El-Lobo »

The spirng plate lengths are both the same. They are referring to the length of torsion bar that goes into the housing. As for the Beam... I'm an a-arm guy.
tim morgan

Post by tim morgan »

Got it,My torsion bars are 21 3/4,,,Thanks ,,, As for my plans,,Mild,,I like to keep things clean and simple,,,
TMc2548

Post by TMc2548 »

Sounds like you've got a good plan in your head for this buggy. Keep it constant and you'll end up with a great car. Post more pics as you can. I'm looking forward to following your progress.
Dave & Gail

Post by Dave & Gail »

If you are buying spring plates, check out adjustable spring plates.
tim morgan

Post by tim morgan »

Well I got my seats in today,,Race Trim,,,Nice seats,,One had a 1/2" tear in the arm,,Bummer,,,Called the place I bought them from and they are sending FedX tomarow to pick it back up and send a new one back,,,well anyway,,Seat tracks,,,They are a lot to high,,How much should I cut the tubes down,,I was thinking about 2 1/2",,Would like to get them as low as posable,, Any body have pics of there tracks,,Any Thoughts ,,Thanks Tim Image Image
newmanx59

Post by newmanx59 »

[QUOTE="tim morgan;13974"]Well I got my seats in today,,Race Trim,,,Nice seats,,One had a 1/2" tear in the arm,,Bummer,,,Called the place I bought them from and they are sending FedX tomarow to pick it back up and send a new one back,,,well anyway,,Seat tracks,,,They are a lot to high,,How much should I cut the tubes down,,I was thinking about 2 1/2",,Would like to get them as low as posable,, Any body have pics of there tracks,,Any Thoughts ,,Thanks Tim[/QUOTE] I have never mounted suspension seats but it looks like you might want to try to bolt the adjusters directly to the floor.
Dave & Gail

Post by Dave & Gail »

Tim, I have Race trim seats ready for my build. The mounts measure 4" from the pan surface to the tabs where the seat mounts. But I also have a 3" lift on my buggy. If you mount the sliders flat on the pan it might be to low. I but it dependes on how tall you are. Image Image