Kick Out Build

Upcoming events and get-togethers. Where are we going next?
jsturtlebuggy

Post by jsturtlebuggy »

Jon, Great looking buggy. Very impressed with your work. A couple of question I like to asked. Are those the old wide 5 Ansen wheels from years ago? I like the fuse panel you used, are they available to purchase somewhere? Thank you.
Joseph
Manx Club #1095
Having fun with Buggies since 1970
Worked in VWs in shops since 1970
Gene-C

Kick-Out's Wheels

Post by Gene-C »

Those are some original Ansen slots from the 60's. the fronts are 7 "x 15"s, and the rear are 8.5x15's.
GotManx

Post by GotManx »

[QUOTE="jsturtlebuggy;13649"] Are those the old wide 5 Ansen wheels from years ago? I like the fuse panel you used, are they available to purchase somewhere?[/QUOTE] I think Bruce got the wheels from Richard Brown in Louisiana and as Joe said, they are the original Ansen's. The fuse block is custom. It is based off of the American Autowire blocks that are available from Watson's Street Works. I was able to source the modular blocks that are used to build the panels so I could make my own custom for each wiring job. And thanks to everyone for the compliments on the car. It should be back in Pennsylvania now for the Carlisle show.
Gary1719

new manx

Post by Gary1719 »

Thanks for the pictures! You have done an excellent job. the wiring is great. How about a shot of your dash with instruments? Is the stance stock or is it lowered. Gary 1719
Siggymanx33

Post by Siggymanx33 »

Jon, I saw your work today. Even better in person than what appears in the pictures. I'm not sure how familiar you are with the SS, But I was wondering if you know if the SS windshield can be used with the Kickouts traditional hood? Again, great job!
GotManx

Post by GotManx »

[QUOTE="gary1719;13656"]How about a shot of your dash with instruments? Is the stance stock or is it lowered. Gary 1719[/QUOTE] I was going through my pictures and I guess I never got a shot of the dash after the gauges were installed. Once it comes back from the east coast, I will try to get a picture. As far as the stance for the car, on the back I had to crank up the torsions a couple of times to get it to look right. The front has adjusters and it is probably about the stock height or just a little lower.
GotManx

Post by GotManx »

[QUOTE="SiggyManx#33;13662"]I'm not sure how familiar you are with the SS, But I was wondering if you know if the SS windshield can be used with the Kickouts traditional hood?[/QUOTE] I actually haven't seen the SS yet, only the plugs that Bruce had been working on. The body for both versions are the same, but the hoods, cowl, dashes and windshields are different. The SS is more like the Manxter where the hood goes all the way up to the windshield surround and the traditional is more like an original manx fitting to a cowl attached to the windshield. I don't know if this explains it well, but both types fit into the standard body, but it is not possible to interchange pieces from the two. I know Bruce's original idea was to be able to offer a couple of different versions of hoods for the kit and to let the buyer decide what they wanted. I don't know if that is still the case, but it would be easy enough to offer the SS hood with the moulded pockets for the 7" round lights like the traditional kit. I glad the Kick Out made it back east and thank you for the compliments.
Old-Towd

Post by Old-Towd »

Super nice job. I like. Jay
Jay - We Sacrifice Quality So You Can Save
1969 Sand Rover T pickup
1962 Baja / 1986 CT110 Honda Trailbike
1973 Thing / Yorba Linda,Ca.
MC 2693, RBC, DSB, SoCalBajas, hondatrailcts, BurroBuggies
towdster2

Kick-Out Build

Post by towdster2 »

Hi Jon, Thank you for all the great photos you have put on here of the Kick-Out build! Wow! I am totally excited about the Kick-Out (Traditional model). I have no clue HOW I am going to be able to get the money to get a Kick-Out kit...but I am going to do everything I can possibly can to get one!!! I haven't seen anything to get me this excited in cars in...well, 37+ years...when I first "discovered" the original Meyers Manx. I have now had my Manx for more than 37 years....I would be willing to sell my Tow'd (with street kit...Towdster)...IF it will help me get a Kick-Out Traditional kit! Wow!!!! I gotta have one!!!!! Rick Beekman Manx Club member 243
teredan

Bumpers

Post by teredan »

Wow, great job on the Kick Out! Are the bumpers part of the kit? And are they available to purchase? I would like to put them on my Manx II. Thanks, Dan & Tere #3355 Manx II #269
GotManx

Post by GotManx »

The bumpers are the same bumpers as used on the Manxter. On the Meyers Manx website the bumpers are listed as an option: http://www.meyersmanx.com/kick-out.shtml I think Winnie would sell them separate, but you would probably want to call her and check.