Smog checks for 15 yrs & older

Upcoming events and get-togethers. Where are we going next?
ralphdjeeper

Smog checks for 15 yrs & older

Post by ralphdjeeper »

Hi all I just went today to have my 78 Motor home smog checked, it failed for the second time,the guy who owns the smog check station told me they had just yesterday passed the law requiring older cars to be smog checked every year and would go into effect 1/01/09, i told him we got that stopped last week or the week before, when i got home i called Runners office,found out it was true,and only had to be signed by Gov. , we need to e-mail and call his office and ask him to veto this bill, its number is A.B.616, please pass this along and post it every where you can. thanks Ralphdjeeper
CairoManx

Post by CairoManx »

Ralph, I read the new bill and am not completely sure what it means, but as I read, the vehicles that are 1975 and earlier and exempt from smog checks now, will stay exempt. I wish they had stayed with the rolling 20 year exemption like they started with but there's too much money involved and fingers in the pie now with corporations buying pollution credits and crushing old cars, so I doubt we'll ever see that again, not at least until we pass political campaign finance reform and make it illegal for corporations and unions to make political donations.
ralphdjeeper

Post by ralphdjeeper »

Thanks CairoManx, i went back and reread A.B.616 again, and I two am not sure in the wording, in reading the bill section 44012.7 (a) The department shall incorporate annual inspections of motor vehicles 15 or greater model years old into the motor vehicle inspection and maintenance program by July 1,2008 ? even at that,i have two vehicles that will go from inspection every two years,to every year=just another tax hike.