building a new buggy

Upcoming events and get-togethers. Where are we going next?
BuggyBob

building a new buggy

Post by BuggyBob »

Image Image[/IMG] been working on the new manxter for more than three days now. started with a bare 69 bug chassis. Installed a 002 bus tranny and new floor pans. cleaned and painted everything. bolted the body and roll cage in today. looks good but Im tired now
towd-dude

Post by towd-dude »

Bob, Great progress. Think it will be done by Lone Pine??? Your front trailing arms look longer than stock, who's are they? Good work, Bob K
Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

Nice job. Before you go much further, fit the hood, dash tub & windshield surround. The fit of all these parts is determined by the front to rear placement of the roof support cage, and in some ways, the front to rear placement of the body on the chassis. If you do it now before to many final holes are drilled, you can make corrections easier. Tom
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

I beleive Tom is speaking from experience, as I've seen their Manxter and it was pretty sharp, and rumor has it, he and Kathleen are upgrading their ride?
Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

Rumors travel fast!!!! I think we are pretty much done working on upgrading Kathleen's Manxter. Actually, I am thinking of buying a new (short) Manx (Kickout?) body to replace my Fiber Fab. That is the next upgrade we will do, probably over the winter. Time for me to get the real thing! Tom
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)
BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

hey Tom and Kathleen, thanks for the advice. So far everthing seems to be lining up ok. With the side intrusion bars mounted to the frame and the body square on the pan, it seems everything else just lines up. But, you never know whats next. Bob