Manx Club In Lone Pine, Ca.

Upcoming events and get-togethers. Where are we going next?
5150bossman

Post by 5150bossman »

So you saw right through me...... As much as Lone Pine is one of our favorite runs, I think we'll have to defer until next year. Timing wise, the run in the end of October looks like it will be more of a fit for us. I talked with my Mel, and she REALLY wants to go to Lone Pine, but understands the stresses of moving. So it looks like we will go on the run at the end of October, and by then, we should have at least SOME of the boxes unpacked.
croakintowd

Help us please!?

Post by croakintowd »

Hello, My wife and I are planning on going. We'd like to arrive on Thursday and leave on Monday. So we need info on the proper way to do that. Do we contact the resort to book the extra days, or what? Any info would be a big help. We'd also be willing to volunteer to help do whatever. Thanks! Richard and Patsy (Croakintowd and Whutzernaym)
dennis-and-cathy

lone pine

Post by dennis-and-cathy »

Hey Bob the flier showed up and there are 2 prices one in the Mania and one on the flier and they are different what is the real price?
BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

Yeah We saw that after we mailed them out. Sorry. The real price is $27.50 per night for RV site and $20.00 buggy fee. Thanks Bob
MojaveMel

Post by MojaveMel »

MnM: Hope you can make it. Haven't seen you in a long time. Some of us are going up early to try to squeeze in an extra run on Friday. Congrats on the new abode.
5150bossman

Post by 5150bossman »

Unfortuneately we will be in the middle of a move to the new house. We will be with you in spirit, but the logistics just aren't in favor of the run that week. We miss seeing you all too. The best we can try for is the Borrego run, and with everything we need to do, that might not be so easy either. We'll keep trying run by run though!
manx1111pla

T-SHIRTS for LONE PINE

Post by manx1111pla »

I don't know if this is the right place for a t-shirt thread. are we having shirts for this run. if we are i would like 1- XL Thanks
gregr

Post by gregr »

I'll take a XXL See you guys in a few days!
GregR
Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

I'll take a large. We are still on our way to Lone Pine, been to San Diego, Valley Center & Venice Beach. Tom
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)
croakintowd

Post by croakintowd »

Clouds over Mt. Whitney, 10-1-2008 Image If I figure out how to post photos to the Gallery, I'll post more pix. C-Ya

Lone Pine ...

Post by 1856 »

Buggyies, Buggies, Buggies .... go'n here .... Comme'n from there.... Dennis & Cathy and Carol & I pulled into Lone Pine this after noon. After two Days of driving that started in the rain behind the "Redwood Curtain" and followed a route through the Gold Country on Hwy 49 then through Yosemite & up and over the Tioga Pass at 10,000 feet, then plunge into the depths of Owens Valley. As we pulled in to Lone Pine and begin to check into the motel there was a constant hummmm of buggies on Hwy 395, just outside the motel. After doing all that check-in stuff we headed south down 395 to join the festivities at, "Bolder Creek", the event site. Pulling in we are greeted with a friendly wave from Bruce and Winnie who are set up under their shade canap? with all their Manx goodies, next to them is the check in area crowded with folks picking up their registration material and event specific shirts. Standing in the middle of the road surrounded by folks asking about this run, and that run, or that run, or this run is Bob Hunter, the Guru for the event. Bob has taken the task of pulling this Manx Outing together. In all appearances he has made this another outstanding time for all who attend. Saturday and rain is in the forecast with the Coffee & Donuts, Show-N-Shine, more Coffee & Donuts, Drivers Meeting, nope no more Coffee & Donuts, then off to who knows where... Stay tuned Richard will be posting more photos ... Mark n Carol
croakintowd

Buggies in the desert

Post by croakintowd »

I took a picture of this little buggy because it was just awsome! It was faster than a speeding bullet, was able to leap tall buildings in a single bound, and hardly used any fuel..... Image Whoever owns this little jewel is a lucky man..........(Grin) ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
croakintowd

Show and Shine

Post by croakintowd »

Image Here's Gary's Tow'd Image A Kubelwagen (I think). I have a video of a Hawaiin themed buggy, complete with Hawaiin music. I can't figure out how to post it, sorry. Image The Line-Up on Saturday Morning
MojaveMel

Post by MojaveMel »

Great weekend! Here is the address of some of my pix and story line. http://www.manxgallery.org/gallery/MC-L ... un-10-2008 Enjoy.
croakintowd

Post by croakintowd »

Here's a video of the climb on the way to the Salt Tram. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJUQrTpg_Oc