Tell me about full flow oil filters

Upcoming events and get-togethers. Where are we going next?
73SpeedBuggy

Tell me about full flow oil filters

Post by 73SpeedBuggy »

As part of my engine rebuild, I'm considering going with an oil filter. I had the case tapped for full flow, but what else do I need/what are my options and where exactly does everything hook up?
73SpeedBuggy

Post by 73SpeedBuggy »

Slow night here tonight! Anyway, I think I found most of my answers.. However, I may have asked them to late. I've allready mated my case halves together and put the pistons, cylinders and heads on. Is it possible to replace the oil pump with a full flow model without splitting the case apart again?
jsturtlebuggy

Post by jsturtlebuggy »

Yes it is possible to remove the oil pump without splitting the case, unless you have a O-ringed pump (oring would be around the outside them round part of the pump. Mostly used for race engines). By loosening up the 8mm case nuts above and below the pump pump will come out easier. Should be able to using small pry bars on edge of pump to pry it out. What ever you do DO NOT SCAR THE MATING SURFACES. There are oil pump pullers available to pull pump out. You remove the gears and tang for it go into the inlet and outlet holes inside the pump.
Joseph
Manx Club #1095
Having fun with Buggies since 1970
Worked in VWs in shops since 1970
73SpeedBuggy

Post by 73SpeedBuggy »

Ahh, excllent information. Thank you.