New Manx

Upcoming events and get-togethers. Where are we going next?
manxfwin

New Manx

Post by manxfwin »

For what it is worth dept......I attended a seminar given by Bruce Meyers at the MAW Funfest and he stated that a new shortened buggy would be available in several months.They are still trying to come up with a name but everything else seems to be a go.It's suppose to be similiar to the original Manx but with improvements and suggestions they have acquired over the years from talking to buggy owners and getting their input.If anyone has the chance to listen to Bruce in a seminar,don't miss it.He is an amazing individual.
Gary1719

new name

Post by Gary1719 »

I was their. and i liked the name they were tossing around Manx Kickout. you know how he said the surfer kickes out. well have the new manx in a corner slide with the ass end kicked out for the brochure? what do you think. gary 1719
BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

When I went down to B&W house to pick up my new buggy, I got to see the new prototype buggy. All I can say is WAY COOL. While spending the weekend with them, we sat around writing names down for the buggy. Let me tell you, its trying to come up with a name for your first born. Whatever Bruce decides to name the new buggy, Im sure it will fit. Bob
CairoManx

Post by CairoManx »

The kick out is the maneuver a surfer makes at the end of the ride where he goes up and over the wave, to finish with a bit of style and grace. Very appropriate name. I saw the plug last week. I even snuck some pictures but I've been sworn not to post them.
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

[QUOTE="CairoManx"]The kick out is the maneuver a surfer makes at the end of the ride where he goes up and over the wave, to finish with a bit of style and grace. Very appropriate name. I saw the plug last week. I even snuck some pictures but I've been sworn not to post them.[/QUOTE] I agree, sounds a very appropriate name for what is sure to be a real cool buggy, you just know its gonna be good. Now Im sure Bruce & Winnie wouldn't mind JUST ONE snap shot mailed to their old Baja buddy :D
markmark

Post by markmark »

That sounds like a great name. Hopefully it can be made into a RHD version. It would be cool to have the first one in Australia. Hopefully Bruce will be able to make it down in November like I have been hearing. I could ask him then!:D :driving:
MojaveMel

Post by MojaveMel »

I visited Bruce and Winnie a few months ago and Bruce showed me the new short wheelbase "plug" from which the mold will be made. It's designed somewhat after the manxter and though the project was rough yet I thought the overall design looked sharp. Slightly wider rear fenders to accommodate wider tires, and the engine access area under the license plate is somewhat larger too. Bruce is artistic. It didn't have a "chopped" look like someone trying to cut 14 inches out of the middle of an existing long body. I liked it a lot.
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

Someone must have some sneak photos...maybe if I 'Google Earth' in on Manx central...
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)