Any smokers left here???

Upcoming events and get-togethers. Where are we going next?
manxdavid

Any smokers left here???

Post by manxdavid »

Can anyone advise me of the cost of a pack and/ or carton of Marlboro Lights in the US these days? I fly to Atlanta next week and just want to work out if they're cheaper to buy from duty free on the airplane or at a gas station etc. Thanks, guys!!! :dollar:
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)
ralphdjeeper

smoking

Post by ralphdjeeper »

I would think it would be cheeper (less any duty) on the plane, i live here in California, and they are about $5.25 to $5.50 a pack but that is not Atlanta, also a carton would be about $37.00, I have Rolled my own for the past 2 years since i retired and both myself and wife smoke, we save a lot of money. hope it helps.
Siggymanx33

Post by Siggymanx33 »

The cost of cigerettes varies widely depending on what states you will be visiting. The South.....(GA) being the tabbaco belt are amongst the lowest. You will need to ask someone from Georgia how much they are to get a true answer. I was on a flight last week and checking out the Duty free prices and it didn't appear to that great of a savings on most items? I know this doesn't really answer your question but Cigerettes in PA are close to $5.00 a pack and a half hour away in DE they are $3.75. A half hour in another direction is NY/NJ and they are closer to $7.00. The extra cost is usually local taxes. I quit smoking a year ago and have no idea of how I afforded it?
fubar

Post by fubar »

Here in OR they cost about $5.25 and there is a vote to increase the tax $1.30 more to pay for more government to administer the tax or something.
subimanx

Post by subimanx »

Here in OZ they are about AU$12.50 a packet........not a cheap way to die.....
FAKMANX

No Smoking

Post by FAKMANX »

I rebuilt my motor so i dont smoke anymore!