Manx On The Banx 2014 (13-18 Oct 2014)

Upcoming events and get-togethers. Where are we going next?
rzeller

Manx On The Banx 2014 (13-18 Oct 2014)

Post by rzeller »

We are just over 7 months away from the Manx Club's premier east coast dune buggy event, the Manx On The Banx 2014.  The dates have been locked so it's now time for you to make your vacation plans and reservations.  Have a look at www.manxonthebanx.com site for the latest event information and some other "special treats".
Bud Zeller
Wilmington, NC
Manx Club Member Since 2004 - #2475
Member of the Manx Club's Long Haul League - 2015
2018 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #1356 - Bad News Racing
2022 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #3347 - Bad News Racing & ACME Companies
2023 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #1356 - Bad News Racing
'68 Meyers Manx - M1996F826S
'66 VW Kombi Bus
'73 VW Thing
rzeller

Re: Manx On The Banx 2014 (13-18 Oct 2014)

Post by rzeller »

After six months of weeding through 1000's of pictures and 100's of hours of video, the MOTB commemorative DVD project is finished.

I've posted a 5+ minute trailer on the website, http://www.manxonthebanx.com, to give you an idea of what's in the 1 hour and 10 minute

DVD (although I've held back a number of surprises :twisted: ).

As Vince and I start finalizing the planning there will be more updates posted on the site. We are getting very close to opening up

registration for this year's MOTB 2014. Let the fun begin.
Bud

rzeller

Post by rzeller »

Reminder: We are within 30 days of the deadline to get your mail-in registration submitted. Don't miss your chance to get a discount on the MOTB registration fee and your event shirt. After 30 Sept, all registration and event shirt purchases will be done on-site at the event.

Go to http://www.manxonthebanx.com for all the information you need to register.

Thanks,
Bud
rzeller

Post by rzeller »

If you are attending the 2014 MOTB I've just posted the rules for our self-paced poker rally. You'll find them at the bottom of the page under the article about the Poker Rally. http://www.manxonthebanx.com

Thanks,
Bud
rzeller

Post by rzeller »

Attention procrastinators! You have just over 2 weeks to get your MOTB registration in the mail to take advantage of the 25% event registration discount. September 30th (must be post marked by September 30th) is the deadline for mail in registrations. All event registrations after that date will be done on site at a higher rate.

Event shirts update: I have received the 2nd and last order of event t-shirts. Go to the classified ads (http://manxonthebanx.com/marketclassifi ... ent-shirts) Once these shirts are gone, they are gone. Take advantage of the 25% discount on the event shirts by ordering them by September 30th. After that date, the left over shirts will only be available at the event at a higher price.

For the most up-to-date information on the MOTB, please visit: http://www.manxonthebanx.com
rzeller

Post by rzeller »

Tick-tock smiley: happy Just one more week to get your mail in registrations completed (and get a 25% discount on the registration fee). Deadline is postmarked by Sept 30, 2014. All registrations after that date will have to be made in person at the MOTB.

Thanks,
Bud

Post by 1856 »

Thanks Bud.
MnC
marklandon

Post by marklandon »

Just a note to Manx people heading to MOTB we just got reservations for OXB RV park its near the Wright Brothers museum they have 10 or so spots open $40 a night or $200 for 7 days hope this helps out
rzeller

Post by rzeller »

Only 1 more day to get your mail in registrations post marked. Beginning Oct 1st you MUST register onsite (at a higher rate). Don't miss out. Visit: http://www.manxonthebanx.com

Two weeks from today - MOTB 2014

See you on the Banx.
Bud
surfnc

Post by surfnc »

I copied this from last year's post:

For those looking for a place to stay:

http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/us ... uter-banks

This is a link to Vacation Rentals by Owner and in the "Off Season" you should be able to find some good deals. Since all have a kitchen you may save over a hotel since you will not have to eat out every day.

You want to stay in Nags Head, South Nags Head, Kill Devil Hills, or Kitty Hawk in that order. Most of the events are in the Nags Head area.

The farther from the ocean, the lower the cost and since we are going to be out driving, the ocean is not as important as it might be during a Summer vacation. Try to stay "between the highways" (rt 12 - rt 158), ocean side or on the west side of the bypass (rt 158). These will lower your cost considerably. Get together with another group or family and you will save even more.

Since most of these VROB rentals are directly through the owners themselves you may be able to talk them down a bit. It can't hurt to ask. It also in most cases skips the Realty company and there 10-17% cut.

Hopefully this will help with those trying to get a place to stay or see if they can fit it into their budget.

This is the time to contact the rental home owners. They will be happy to rent the house in the off season and you may get a whole house for what you would pay for a hotel room. You can also get 8-10 people in a house that has a kitchen maybe even a garage. As I said above the farther from the ocean the less expensive it will be.

Vince
surfnc

Post by surfnc »

Had lunch with Scott J and Dennis Anderson at Grave Diggers today. We went over what we are going to do there and how Dennis can help make it an unforgettable time.

First I have to say that Dennis is GREAT! He is about as down to earth as you can get. (even for us regular guys) He has given us the run of the area we had last year and a surprise for those who want to "fly". He also said that anyone could try the "mud bog" but will need an attachment point on the back of their buggy to put the cable on. The cable to be used to pull you out when (not if ) you get stuck. I do not know of many with a strong enough setup to do that. (other than Joe W of course)

We also intend to have dinner there and need a fairly accurate count of the people who plan to be there. (to help Dennis's crew serve us) As of now we have around 60 buggies registered which equates to around 150 people. I know that many people wait for the weather forecast to commit to coming down. But if you plan on coming (or think you may come) and have not registered PLEASE post here to let us know so we can make this work for everyone! The last thing we want as the organizers is to run out of food and have people not have any dinner.

This also helps immensely on all of our other activities. We are in the off season and not everyone can handle big numbers of people. (Mulligan's dinner last year is a perfect example) More people showed up than expected, all at once, which made for a less than fun experience for many people.

I also wanted to add that if you have not driven your buggy lately, get out and drive it as much as you can before you get here. Get any issues squared away before you get here.

If you have issues, we will make sure you are safe but we cannot stop the run/activity to tow you. You are responsible for your own buggy.

If I have a problem with my buggy I will park it out of traffic and look for a empty seat with another buggy. I will then come back (after the run) with a tow bar and take it home.

I will also say that unless it is catastrophic there will be someone who will have the part, tools, knowledge and expertise to get you going pretty quickly. (you should see how quickly things happen at the Rally Point in the morning)

Looking forward to seeing you all here soon!

Vince
manxvair

Post by manxvair »

Lori Ann and I will be there rain or shine!
surfnc

Post by surfnc »

Thanks Mike, looking forward to see you and Lori Ann.

I need to put in numbers so PLEASE let me know if you are coming but have not registered.
rzeller

Post by rzeller »

Please have a look at the MOTB website, http://www.manxonthebanx.com, for the latest information on the event. There's been new information added.

See you all in 5 days.
Bud
dunerodder

Post by dunerodder »

I will be rolling in at the travel lodge on Sunday mid morning . I will be attending the event for the full week . looking forward very much to seeing everyone again. Rod C.