Big Bear Bash 2014

Upcoming events and get-togethers. Where are we going next?
eurekagary

Big Bear Bash 2014

Post by eurekagary »

Booked, can't wait. Now I just have to finish one of the cars, so will it be drive, Towd ,drive regular car or fly. Any way it will be super fun
jsturtlebuggy

Big Bear Bash 2014

Post by jsturtlebuggy »

Something I have been thinking about since the lack of rain here in California and the extremely dry conditions, and being Big Bear is in a forest area.
Will the forest service be looking at the exhaust systems on buggies that will be traveling on forest service road? Since my own buggy uses a multi-chamber muffler I am not worried about mine, just others that may be using a straight through system such as a glass-pack muffler.
I know on motorcycles being used off road that they would be checked to see if they had some kind spark arrestor being use to control any particles coming out of the exhaust. This was mostly done on 2 stroke bikes because of the oil mixture in the fuel.
Have things change because of the extreme conditions now? Is there any information available?
Joseph
Manx Club #1095
Having fun with Buggies since 1970
Worked in VWs in shops since 1970
DIESELDOOG

Big Bear Bash 2014

Post by DIESELDOOG »

Joseph,

Here is some information taken from the San Bernadino Forest Service web site today:

Operation of Vehicles:

1. Vehicles are restricted to designated routes only.
2. Obey all traffic signs.
3. State traffic laws apply to the National Forest roads, violations are reported to the state department of motor vehicles.
4. When operating vehicles of any kind, do not damage the land or vegetation or disturb wildlife.
5. Avoid driving on unpaved roads or trails when they are wet or muddy.
6. Within campgrounds and other recreation sites, use cars, motorbikes, motorcycles, or other motor vehicles only for entering or leaving, unless areas or trails are specifically marked for them.
7. Park only in marked parking areas.
8. Do not block, restrict, or interfere with the use of roads, trails and gates.
9. Obey area and trail restrictions on the use of non-street legal vehicles.
10. Off Highway, non-street legal vehicles must be currently registered and have an approved and functioning spark arrester. There is no tolerance for non-compliance.
11. Non-street legal "red sticker" vehicles have a limited operating period on the forest.

For complete information and contact information see:
http://www.fs.usda.gov/main/sbnf/home
Last edited by DIESELDOOG on Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lee-Hoffer

Big Bear Bash 2014

Post by Lee-Hoffer »

It is very common for the San Bernardino Mountains to get thundershowers that time of year, so if we're very lucky the mountains will get some rain prior to our arrival. That should help out with the fire danger and keep the dust down too.
jsturtlebuggy

Big Bear Bash 2014

Post by jsturtlebuggy »

Yes July is the Monsoon season so you never know what the weather will be like.
I was reading today about the Pirate cruise ship as sunk at Hollaway's dock during the winter storm.
Hopefully they will have it raised and ready to go for those that want to go on the booze cruise on the weekend of the run.
Joseph
Manx Club #1095
Having fun with Buggies since 1970
Worked in VWs in shops since 1970
YellowSafari

Re: Big Bear Bash 2014

Post by YellowSafari »

Excited

Hi All, new member 4295. I am excited to be able to attend the Big bear event, esp the 50th anniversary. While a novice to buggies, my wife Kathy and I bought our buggy November 2012,
and have been out for a few off road day adventures. The Big Bear trip may be our first weekend outing. While we don't have far to travel, any tip tricks pointers will gratefully accepted.

1st post hope my sig shows up.

Edit I have reservation in Big Bear do I need to pre register with the club ?
DIESELDOOG

Post by DIESELDOOG »

Mike,

There is a flyer mailed out to active members in plenty of time to fill it out & return it., there is also information
that will be posted om http://www.manxclub.com/events.htm that will include all the information needed.

I hope to see you at Big Bear

Joe
YellowSafari

Post by YellowSafari »

re flyer

Very good thanks for the reply
boford

Post by boford »

Are we there yet?

Man, I wish July would hurry up and get here
5150bossman

Post by 5150bossman »

Just received an e-mail from the club with the registration form on it. I printed the form so we can send it back in. I know that the club is moving toward all 'e' communications, but don't know if this is the only way we are getting the '14 Big Bear registration form, or if one will still be mailed to us.
vincent9993

Post by vincent9993 »

5150bossman wrote:Just received an e-mail from the club with the registration form on it. I printed the form so we can send it back in. I know that the club is moving toward all 'e' communications, but don't know if this is the only way we are getting the '14 Big Bear registration form, or if one will still be mailed to us.
The BOD is committed and will continue to use hard copy communications for all official correspondences including event registration.

We understand that not everyone has access to electronic communication or its use may not be 100% reliable. All active members with a correct and valid mailing address will be receiving a hard copy of the registration information by mail shortly. We are simply leveraging electronic communications as a mean to expedite the process and reach as many active members as possible.

With the popularity of the Big Bear event along with the fact that we’re celebrating the 50th anniversary, comes enormous amount of prep work for our volunteers. Sending in your registration and payment early along with your T-Shirt and meal selection early will greatly help out our volunteers.
vincent9993

Post by vincent9993 »

Attention Big Bear attendees:

Check in will be quite busy so please make sure your membership is current and that all your fees are paid in advance if possible. If you have any questions regarding membership please email our membership chair: Lori Ann Anderson Dario at manxmembership@sbcglobal.net

* Members whose renewal are due in July are good through the month.

Safe travels Everyone!