2012 Manx on the Banx (MOTB)

Trip tales and travel stories from around the globe. Share your adventure!
DIESELDOOG

Post by DIESELDOOG »

For pictures of MANX on the BANX 2012 goto: www.manxonthebanx.com

Last edited by DIESELDOOG on Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
manxvair

Post by manxvair »

ImageImageImage

Saturday's run up on the beach along the ATLANTIC ocean,

Our rental car, Thank you Valerie & Eric @ Island Cruisers.

Our weekend lodging, a great big Thanks to Vince Simansky

trying to keep up with France & Vincent.

trying to out run Scott Drolet & Bob Hunter!, I don't think they ever stopped laughing!

a view from the balcony, but this is the sunrise not the sunset! this is just backwards for a So-Cal guy but just as beautiful.

MOTB 2012 was an awesome trip, we were able to meet and hang out with our East Coast club family. Vince Simansky, Sue & Bud Zeller, Paul Mabin,  France & Vincent Parisien and Valerie & Eric of Island Cruisers A great big Thank You for your hospitality and Kudos for all their hard work to put on an amazing event. They more than doubled their attendance from last year. We hope to take some of our cars out there next year.
Mike Dario
Mohave Valley, AZ
Manx Club #957
Manx Club President

Tow'd (Hers)
Manxvair (His)
Manxter Dual Sport #30 Baja Edition #2 (Ours)
Resorter #19-Fuscia(under construction)
Gary0302

Post by Gary0302 »

As cool as it was to see that many dune buggies in the same place, it was absolutely amazing to be able to meet Bruce and Winnie Meyers, as well as so many of the Manx Club's Board of Directors and Officers.  From my point of view, the entire group had an absolute blast.  Photo of Mike Dario and Bruce Meyers, hanging out on the water's edge of the ATLANTIC OCEAN up at the NC/Va border:

Gary Holbrook
Manx Club Member #2831
East Coast Dune Buggies
Coastal North Carolina

"It's a buggy not a space shuttle...." Dale M.

Check out my skydiving, bungee jumping, and dune buggy videos on Youtube
Scott-Drolet

Post by Scott-Drolet »

What a terrific event. Bud and Vince did a tremendous job putting this together, and Val and Eric rented Bob Hunter and I a cool old school real Manx in which to follow the action. I absolutely love the Outer Banks. So much so, I committed to anyone who would listen, that I'd drive a buggy from California to the event next year. If I cover 650 miles a day, it's about four days each way. Not too bad. This is gonna be a blast!

Vince, thank you so much for arranging for the beautiful beach house. All of us were completely overwhelmed by your generosity.

Bud, thank you for staging MOTB2 with Vince and organizing all of those events. A three-day event is hard enough . . . a full week of activities is beyond belief!

Paul, too, for keeping your eye on all the moving pieces.

Val and Eric, the buggy was awesome. Thank you for letting us rent your personal car. I know that isn't something you normally rent out of your business. Bob and I loved driving it.

Vincent and France, thank you for setting the bar on how we should be attending events. You're cross-country treks are an inspiration to us all and I can't wait to follow in your footsteps.

Thank you to Bruce and Winnie, for encouraging us to attend, then pushing through the back surgery recovery process and being there with us. Oh yeah, and for coming up with the Manx concept in the first place ;-)
Last edited by Scott-Drolet on Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scott Drolet
MC Vice President

MC 47, DSB, RBC, Long Haul League, '64 Monocoque, '67 Manx, '73 Manxter, '64 Stainless Burro, '64 Corvair Burro, '65 Corvair Burro
http://www.ManxClub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.SeaToSeaSafari.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.BurroBuggies.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gary0302

Post by Gary0302 »

Scott, it was so cool that you and Bruce, Winnie, and other Manx Club Board of Directors and Officers took the time to visit us here on the east (right!) coast.  To think that some of you may even make the trek across the good ole USA to attend next year's event actually blows my mind, seriously.  Here are a few more shots of the dune buggies that chose to drive the 11 mile run up the beach to the NC/Va state line, before we turned around and headed back down the beach and on to the BBQ dinner:

Gary Holbrook
Manx Club Member #2831
East Coast Dune Buggies
Coastal North Carolina

"It's a buggy not a space shuttle...." Dale M.

Check out my skydiving, bungee jumping, and dune buggy videos on Youtube