Big Bear Bash 2012

Trip tales and travel stories from around the globe. Share your adventure!
DIESELDOOG

Big Bear Bash 2012

Post by DIESELDOOG »

Buggies at Big Bear Bash 2012

Scott D's Newest Burro

Joseph S's Manx KickOut
ImageImage

France V. Reading the Schedule

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Last edited by DIESELDOOG on Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vincent9993

Big Bear Bash 2012

Post by vincent9993 »

Anyone is welcomed to share it where ever they feel but out of respect for the Manx Club, I'm giving it to this forum.

It's a rough stitch as my computer power on the road is not up to par but at least it'll give you something to look at!

Enjoy.

Original 7+mb version
Vincent Parisien
MC Director - MC 2696
Long Haul League, '69 Kick-Out-S.S., '59 Berrien Nostalgia, '73 Manxter (in progress)
Trips
Old-Towd

Big Bear Bash 2012

Post by Old-Towd »

After 9 years and getting rides from Buggy Buddys I finally got my Buggy ( Wrecker ) to Big Bear, it feels good.

Got some funny Buggy Buddys 

They even had rain gear

Jay - We Sacrifice Quality So You Can Save
1969 Sand Rover T pickup
1962 Baja / 1986 CT110 Honda Trailbike
1973 Thing / Yorba Linda,Ca.
MC 2693, RBC, DSB, SoCalBajas, hondatrailcts, BurroBuggies
vincent9993

Big Bear Bash 2012

Post by vincent9993 »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ageVHTAwHjY[/youtube]

Here's Bob Hunter's intro to the week-end for nostalgy:
Vincent Parisien
MC Director - MC 2696
Long Haul League, '69 Kick-Out-S.S., '59 Berrien Nostalgia, '73 Manxter (in progress)
Trips
vincent9993

Big Bear Bash 2012

Post by vincent9993 »

A short unedited clip from the Orange group run

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EEC4Eg-EPo[/youtube]
Vincent Parisien
MC Director - MC 2696
Trips
jsturtlebuggy

Big Bear Bash 2012

Post by jsturtlebuggy »

Joseph
Manx Club #1095
Having fun with Buggies since 1970
Worked in VWs in shops since 1970
5150bossman

Big Bear Bash 2012

Post by 5150bossman »

Wow. All looked great until the last photo. Did a buggy roll over? Was everyone OK?
Tom-Kathleen

Big Bear Bash 2012

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

Wow.  That is the best coverage for a Manx Club event that I can rembemer.  Thanks for posting all of that for us geographicly challenged people.  See some of you at Tahoe!  Tom
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)
vincent9993

Big Bear Bash 2012

Post by vincent9993 »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7utf03RHtXM[/youtube]

Here's another rough cut of the Orange Group run (Being uploaded):
Vincent Parisien
MC Director - MC 2696
Trips
manxvair

Big Bear Bash 2012

Post by manxvair »

Great footage Vincent, even more impressive when you realize that you 2 had already traveled around 4200 miles to get there. The view of that valley was incredible.
Safe Travels. 
Mike Dario
Mohave Valley, AZ
Manx Club #957
Manx Club President

Tow'd (Hers)
Manxvair (His)
Manxter Dual Sport #30 Baja Edition #2 (Ours)
Resorter #19-Fuscia(under construction)
towd-dude

Big Bear Bash 2012

Post by towd-dude »

Who's on there side and were they Ok.....? Didn't hear about this at the awards ceremony......
Bob
jsturtlebuggy

Big Bear Bash 2012

Post by jsturtlebuggy »

Long day yesterday.  Stopped by and visited with Bruce and Winnie before heading home.  Now home and everything is unloaded.
The last picture is of a Japanese SUV that rolled over with 3 teenagers inside it.  None were wearing seat belts.  Scratches and Bruises were all I could see on them.
What started it was there was flash flood on Hiway 18 heading down towards Lucene Valley.  They were going to fast and hit the water spinning out of control and then flipping over and landing against a tree/bush on it left side.
The beginning of story of why we were there and Larry and Nolan saw what happen starts with the start of the Blue ribbon run.  One of two Extreme runs.  Dave Uether lead and Larry Wormsbecker ran sweep.
The day started out warm and sunny with Dave leading us out Hiway 18 and onto a trail that lead to Cactus Flats on the northeast side of the mountain.  Dave lead us to a deadend trail (Horsethief or something like that) that was rocky down hill that lead to a beautiful little valley.  One buggy had steering problems and it cause about a 1/2 hour delay on run.  We did a loop thru the valley and with most of it desert terrain and a lust green area at the far end where there was a natural spring.  Because of delay we did not stop as the thunder was getting louder.
At the bottom of the rocky hill to climb out we waited for each buggy to make it to a point were they had cleared the biggest rocks before sending the next one up.  There were 10 buggies in our group.  While waiting it started to sprinkle,  I was the last buggy before Larry, the sweep car to climb out.  It started to rain harder as the we climb out.  Dave have stationed his buggy at the hardest part of the climb to help any buggy that my need help. 
I passed Dave and was following another buggy as rain was getting stronger out to a where the trail started off the lower Cactus flat road. The road was looking more like a wide creek. 
There was no other buggies waiting there.  Finally hear something on the radio about staying there until Dave and Larry get there.  Larry lead one other buggy and I down to were the road comes out on Hiway 18 and we were to wait there until Dave could find the other buggies and bring them back.
It was while there waiting for the others You could see the water flooding across the Hiway just down hill from us.  Larry and Nolan saw the accident happen and Larry said over the radio about the rollover and took off to help. Thatis buggy in the picture.
Dave son came by in his Jeep and stopped too.  Dave made it back with 3 buggies. and we waited for awhile. 
A decision was made that Dave son would stay and wait for the tow truck to arrive and we continued on with out ride, it was still rain, but not has hard.    The group was down to 5 buggies and 2 of the 3 decided to go back to town.
The trail we took was a little further down the hiway and on east side.  It stopped raining after about 1/2hour and the sun came out.  Rest of run was fun with climbing rocks and going thru mud puddles and great country side. Arrived back at camp around 4PM.
Even with the rain it was a great weekend of fun and I will be back next year.
Joseph
Manx Club #1095
Having fun with Buggies since 1970
Worked in VWs in shops since 1970
Ed-Chenal

Big Bear Bash 2012

Post by Ed-Chenal »

Thanks for the wrap up on the roll-over. They were foolish but lucky.
Ed
vincent9993

Big Bear Bash 2012

Post by vincent9993 »

Here are the individual pictures I took of many of the Buggies as they were being staged for the Showw&Shine.  I missed some late arrivals but I should have captured them on the GoPro.  I'll try to put a video together as things settle back to normal.

Vincent Parisien
MC Director - MC 2696
Trips