Bug Bash in Antioch June 24, 2012

Trip tales and travel stories from around the globe. Share your adventure!
jsturtlebuggy

Post by jsturtlebuggy »

Went to the Bug Bash in Antioch today driving the Manxter towing the Kick Out.   Met up with the NorCal Baja group at the Freeport Bridge on the Sacramento River for cruise to the shop on the river roads.  Fun drive along the narrow levees of the river. 
There was many different kinds of VW's and a few buggies.  Show as become larger than last year when it was in Vallejo. 
I never really had a chance to walk around a see show,  I would start to leave and someone would come to buy a part or want to talk about buggies.  Had fun and now have money for fuel for trip to Big Bear.
Tom Baker drove his Kick Out over from the Bay Area with Wayne as his passenger.  Tom won one of the twelve awards the promoters handed out.  No trophies for classes just what they taught were best to represent the diversity of cars.
Round trip drive for me was 170miles towing the Kick Out. 
Did not get the chance to take but a few pictures.
This is Tom's Kick Out and the open space for Wayne's SS that did not make it (trailer trouble) Tom is the one in the orange cap
Tom has one of the Meyers Manx Surfboard signed by Bruce.
This my swap space at the show
Joseph
Manx Club #1095
Having fun with Buggies since 1970
Worked in VWs in shops since 1970

Post by 1856 »

I wish we could of been there ... sounds like a great gathering and Joe always has good stuff.

MnC