Kernville was a blast!

Trip tales and travel stories from around the globe. Share your adventure!
principiab

Kernville was a blast!

Post by principiab »

No - it wasn't a "typical" Manx Club Event - but so what?!  It was fun and the area was beautiful and the weather was gorgeous!  Oh - and the world DID NOT END on Saturday at 6:00 p.m. as prophetized (is that a word?), but if it had, we would have been having fun when we were plucked away into never never land.

Thanks, Bob - and any others who helped organize this run!  We were the only buggistas in Camp James, but we shared a wonderful campground with "Sisters on the Fly" - lady flyfisher"men" who travel around in the cutest little vintage trailers.  Some pictures of Camp James, the trailers, the run and the river are in Photobucket - check them out if you want - much easier than uploading to the website.   http://s735.photobucket.com/albums/ww352/PRINCIPIAB/Kernville%20Run%20-%20May%202011/?start=all

The wind was HOWLING on the way back through Red Rock / Jawbone area - wowie!  We pulled over for awhile and took a break.  We also found an alternate route so we could avoid the worst of W/B Hwy 14.  We exited on Santiago Road and took the Sierra Hwy to Golden Valley Road.  One stop sign and one light until you hit Bouquet Canyon, then a few until you get to the 126 - but you avoid that nasty downhill run on Hwy 14 & avoid Hwy 5 completely!  (If you're traveling into Ventura County.)  Just a thought for next time you're coming back from Mojave area.

Anyway - thanks again to the organizers and enjoyed meeting more buggy enthusiasts!

Connie & Lynn Breedlove
Santa Paula
Member 1634
Old clone Beezer (STILL in rehab!)
Newer clone Buzbee
Original (highly modified) Meyers Manx - Aztec Fire
Connie Breedlove
Manx Club Secretary
Member #1634
Glitterbug - BUZBEE (His)
Old Clone - BEEZER (Hers)
Meyers Manx Custom - AZTEC FIRE (Ours)
dcamomanx

Kernville was a blast!

Post by dcamomanx »

We had a great time. The area is so beautiful.  It took us some time to get used to the coziness of the tow'd, but at the end of the run we really enjoyed it. I think its the closest I will ever get to owning a motorcycle.  We did get a few bugs in the face, but not nearly as many as I thought we would. Our camp site at rivernook  was right on the water. I can't wait till next time.Here is a few of out pics
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Last edited by dcamomanx on Tue May 24, 2011 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
principiab

Kernville was a blast!

Post by principiab »

Good thing we went when we did! Lake Isabella battling a wildfire this weekend and Hwy 178 has been closed!

http://www.mercurynews.co..._18162015?nclick_check=1
Connie Breedlove
Manx Club Secretary
Member #1634
Glitterbug - BUZBEE (His)
Old Clone - BEEZER (Hers)
Meyers Manx Custom - AZTEC FIRE (Ours)
thesandbug77

Kernville was a blast!

Post by thesandbug77 »

The tow'd looks GREAT Doran.  Kudos.  Hope to see it in person soon!

md
~~~~~~~~~~~~
-Mike
dcamomanx

Kernville was a blast!

Post by dcamomanx »

Mr. Dear

I'm glad you like it.

I'm heading up to Pismo fri for a friends Batchelor Party (can you guess who helped organize it), I will climb a dune for you.

I hope to see a tanta water reunion soon

Doran