Is there going to be a 2016 ECVW?

Trip tales and travel stories from around the globe. Share your adventure!
Baja Juan

Is there going to be a 2016 ECVW?

Post by Baja Juan »

I'm trying to get my set my 2016 calendar.

Even that I'm from the West Coast (Ensenada Baja Mexico) my wife and I been planning to do a one way buggy trip across the US.

Depending on the dates we may ship the buggy to the EC and drive it down to California or drive east and ship it back.

Who can help with dates? who sets the travel plans? can we tag along?

any info would be greatly apreciated.

Juan Avila
manxvair

Re: Is there going to be a 2016 ECVW?

Post by manxvair »

Juan, even if there is no ECVW in 2016 there will probably be a trip to St. Louis for the Manx in the Middle event, we might retrace the Shuffle to Buffalo route through Zion, Utah and Pikes Peak in Colorado. Then a return trip to The Lake Topaz event in Nevada.
Mike Dario
Mohave Valley, AZ
Manx Club #957
Manx Club President

Tow'd (Hers)
Manxvair (His)
Manxter Dual Sport #30 Baja Edition #2 (Ours)
Resorter #19-Fuscia(under construction)
joescoolcustoms

Post by joescoolcustoms »

Juan, I am located in Charleston WV, which is a days drive, right at 500 miles, from the Atlantic shore. For the MITM, (Manx In The Middle) event, I am going to host a Cruise from Charleston WV to Saint Louis. That is also right at 500 miles.

If you ship your buggy to the East coast, you can drive from that shore to Charleston WV in one day. Join the BTTM, (Buggy's To The Middle) cruise. Then after the event, follow along with Mike and Lori Ann back to Topaz.

Just a suggestion, and the offer is there. I can connect you to people along the Atlantic coast that can help receive your buggy and hold it for you until you come in. And they may also cruise to MITM with you.

I can guarantee you will meet one heck of a good cross section of buggy people.
pongo

Post by pongo »

Having been part of both ECVW14 and 15, I will say, at this time we have no plans for a ECVW2016.
I live in New Jersey, and would be willing to help you with receiving your buggy from shipment and secure it until you arrive. I am 520 miles from Joe. A trip from here to Joe and onto Manx In The Middle, would earn you a Long Haul League Award. From the MITM, you can cruise home with the California group.
Or you could plan on shipping into the Outer Banks of NC for the Manx on the Banx event in Oct. then cruise back home.
Paul
ECV-Keys 2016
Cana-Laska 2016
Manx Club B.O.D.
Iron Buggy Award
ECVW 2015
Long Haul League Award
ECVW 2014
M2746C922S
TF449F912E
M1814D822S
M3234G910E