Vincent and France's travel to MOTB 2015

Trip tales and travel stories from around the globe. Share your adventure!
vincent9993

Vincent and France's travel to MOTB 2015

Post by vincent9993 »

Good evening, yes we are back on the road for our last dune buggy trip of the year. We left St-Leonard under a light rain and the thermometer indicated 48F (9C). For the first time, Louis-Hippolyte Lafontaine tunnel was not jam…rare thing. At the boarders, nobody was in the Nexus lane. The custom agent welcomed us with a big nice smile, it was the first time that he saw a dune buggy…he asked a lot of questions concerning the dune buggy and only two formal (where we were going and if we got something to declare). Most of the time during our drive it was under the rain…heavy rain. During our last fuel stop, a guy came and asked if we had a lug wrench. He had a flat on his BMW and came to see the guy with a dune buggy…hard to believe. Obviously we had one and Vincent went to help him…thank god because the AAA guys didn’t have one. We lost about one hour in the New Jersey traffic. The only good news is that more and more we were driving, more and more it was warmer. At 9:00pm it was 66F (19C). Tomorrow we should leave around 6:30am and we are crossing our finger that the rain is behind us.

Distance: 508 miles (818KM)
Province / States: Quebec, New York, New Jersey
Min Temp: 48F (9C)
Max Temp: 66F (19C)
Consumed Beers: 2 x Moretti

Good evening.

Vincent et/and France

DIESELDOOG

Re: Vincent and France's travel to MOTB 2015

Post by DIESELDOOG »

I have a very nice, and warm black jacket that will keep you warm. Would you like to try to?
hillmotorsports

Post by hillmotorsports »

Good thing you left Friday, was only 34°F at 7 this morning....sunny but fresh today.
The high is only forecast to be 50°F.

Enjoy your trip!
Rosemarie and Paul Hill
Morrisburg, Ontario
Canada
613 330 4862
Member #4502
vincent9993

Post by vincent9993 »

Today we left East Brunswick, NJ around 6:30am. It was still dark outside but at least it was not raining. On the New Jersey Turnpike, we met our friend Paul Mabin. You should stop saying “Crazy Canadian” because our friend Paul was wearing shorts, no socks and no shoes and it was 54F (12C)…we should now say “Crazy Paul”. We were really happy to see him but something was wrong, the Durango with Stephane, Brittany, Alexandra, Mackenzie and Evan were not there. We should see Stephanie this week but the kids got school, snif, snif, snif.

We need to advise Mr. Terry McAuliffe (Virginia governor) to advise us when they change the State sign…before it was a red cardinal and now it is a heart…we almost miss the picture. We were caught by rain just before the Chesapeake Bay Bridge – Tunnel this is why we do not have lot of pictures.

We stopped for lunch at Norfolk in a Wendy’s. Paul was supposed to welcome Lori Ann who was supposed to arrive at the airport around 4:30pm. We spent more time with Paul to talk with him (always pleasant) because we had less than 100 miles to do. We left Paul around 2:15pm. We got few drop of rain but nothing compared to yesterday. We kept the roof all day. When we arrived at the condo, we pullout the luggage and went to do pick up some grocery for the week. For dinner, we went to Captain George and the madam ate a lot of crab’s legs…it was so delicious. After that, we went to the MOTB Headquarter to see Lori Ann, Vonnie, Sue, Bud, Vince and Paul. Tomorrow we should welcome other participants. Tonight it was still cloudy, but no rain and the wind was warm. The door of our patio will be opened this evening and we will sleep listening the waves…thank you to the life.

Oh yes, madam is really happy that the CH bets the Boston Bruins 4 – 2….well done guys.

Distance : 416 milles (670km)
Min Temp: 54F (12C)
Max Temp: 68F (20C)
Visited States: New Jersey, Delaware, Virginia and North Carolina
Consumed Beers: 1 x Duck Rabbit

Good evening and talk to you tomorrow.

Vincent et/and France

vincent9993

Post by vincent9993 »

The life is good for Vincent and I. This morning I woke up around 6:45pm (thing rare for me). After I read the news from Montreal and a shower, I woke up Vincent around 7:30. He went to clean the dune buggy and we had breakfast…on the balcony, listening the waves and looking at the sun…life is really hard sometimes. Around 10:00am we went back to the MOTB Headquarter to prepare the stuff for tomorrow (day 1 of the event). For lunch, we went to Bonzer Shack with Sue, Lori Ann, Paul, Vince and Bud. A woman came into the restaurant and went to see Sue and asked about her bag if it was done with a loom. We explained to her that it was my mother-in-law who made them. She found them really nice but mentioned that it will be hard to do the same here because the plastic bags are no longer used in OBX. We told her that she can use the plastic table cloth.

After lunch we sent to the Outlets (I would say no more than 20 minutes). The remaining of the afternoon we relaxed at the condo. Around 5:15pm we went to Jennette’s Pier to meet people that were coming from Charleston West Virginia. Few of them were trying to get the pin “for drive or be in a dune buggy for 1000 miles or more”. We were about 25 dune buggy in the parking lot and we will have more the next days….cool. Barb and Tim were not lucky because a non-identified object hit their windshield…we will be about to see the result on a picture. Sharply the duct tape.

For dinner, we went to the Dunes Restaurant. It was hard to order what we wanted because more than once, the waitress told us; so sorry we don’t have this anymore…Bud was the least lucky one because almost everything that he was ordering, she was saying the same thing. It was pleasant again spending time with our friends Sue, Bud, Lori Ann, Paul, Tom Kathleen, Tom Tom, Jayne, Joe, Vincent and I.

After that we spoke with Jayne and Joe at the condo. Tomorrow we will officially start the event and we should see people that we haven’t seen since last year. We can’t wait. Oh yes, the CH won again tonight (against the Senators)…the start of the season going well, hopefully it will remain like this.

Average temperature: 68F (20C)
Consumed beers: Michelob, Pinner, Throwback IPA, Oskar Blue’s Dale’s Pale Ale, 2 x Buch Shot Amber Ale

Bonne nuit / Good night
Vincent et / and France

joescoolcustoms

Post by joescoolcustoms »

Having a blast!
vincent9993

Post by vincent9993 »

Yesterday Vincent and I again had our breakfast on the balcony. We had more clouds but the sunrise was so beautiful. We went to the rally point at 8:00am. Two activities were organized. The first one was a ride to Ocracoke and the second two seminars (one on the fibreglass and the second on applying 3M protective film). Vincent and I decided to go to Ocracoke with 9 other dune buggy. To get there, we took the ferry (the ride on the boat is about 1 hour). The sun was present and it was just hot enough. We can say that the day was a success. We were with a nice group, the food was good and the temperature ideal…what can we ask more to be happy. When we went back (around 7:15pm), I asked Vincent to stop at the condo. I decided to not go to dinner but instead start the selection of the pictures and write the recaps. Vincent went with friends for dinner. This is why we didn’t get the recap ready yesterday because after more than 3.5 hours, it was still not completed. You will understand that I am on vacation and want to enjoy them. Tomorrow it is the office beach day.

Distance: 174 miles (280km)

Consumed beers: Awful Ale, Foothill Hoppyium IPA

Max Temp: 77F (25C)

À bientôt / Talk to you soon

Vincent et/and France