Shuffle to Buffalo 2015

Trip tales and travel stories from around the globe. Share your adventure!
Scott-Drolet

Re: Shuffle to Buffalo 2015

Post by Scott-Drolet »

For those that aren't exactly sure what to expect . . . here's a link to a write up on how the Sea-to-Sea Safari went a couple years back from San Diego, CA to Nags Head, NC.

Oh, and the Kickout that Bruce drove was won by Howard Connelly at Big Bear last year, and he'lll be driving it with us to Buffalo. This is going to be so much fun!

http://seatoseasafari.com/?page_id=468
RedBaronofRedBud

Post by RedBaronofRedBud »

Let's hope that the weather cooperates the way it did on that journey! You all stayed a day ahead of the rain the whole way!

Gonna be a blast!
Tim and Barb Byrnes
Team Kermit
Long Haul League
ECVW 14
S2B 15
BTTB 15

Join us in St Louis for Manx in the Middle 2017!!!

Im not a complete idiot...there are pieces missing.
manxvair

Post by manxvair »

2013 Sea to Sea Safari started in the rain for Lori Ann & I

2015 NORRA Mexican 1000 started in the rain,

and both of those adventures were Awesome! so I'm not afraid of any stinkin rain!
Mike Dario
Mohave Valley, AZ
Manx Club #957
Manx Club President

Tow'd (Hers)
Manxvair (His)
Manxter Dual Sport #30 Baja Edition #2 (Ours)
Resorter #19-Fuscia(under construction)
RedBaronofRedBud

You have a point there...we started in the rain going to FunFest and it was awesome!Image
Tim and Barb Byrnes
Team Kermit
Long Haul League
ECVW 14
S2B 15
BTTB 15

vincent9993

Post by vincent9993 »

I would like to wish all the participants safe travel. You're about to embark on a great road trip and test the endurance of your buggy and physical abilities. The organisers have been working very hard to plan this journey.

Have fun and be safe - See you all in Buffalo!
Vincent Parisien
MC Director - MC 2696
Long Haul League, '69 Kick-Out-S.S., '59 Berrien Nostalgia, '73 Manxter (in progress)
Trips
Jon

Shuffle to Buffalo 2015

Post by Jon »

I hope to see you guys in Cleveland. Safe travels you buggin' nomads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott-Drolet

Post by Scott-Drolet »

HERE IT IS! Mike and I have completed the day-to-day itinerary for the trip, including addresses and estimated arrival/departure times for every stop between here and Frizzy's in Buffalo. About 13 of us will depart from Bass Pro Shops in Rancho Cucamonga, California, tomorrow morning at 8am, eventually growing to a caravan with about 22 buggies along the way. Rumor has it that a news chopper will even be filming our departure tomorrow morning. I can't wait to get started! See you on the road!

Please click on the images to enlarge or print. (Hard copies and daily map AAA TripTix will be distributed at Bass Pro tomorrow morning.)

craig irwin

Post by craig irwin »

Hey everybody! I'm manxcraig on thesamba, and I will be joining up at Spiceland Indiana. See you then !
Scott-Drolet

Post by Scott-Drolet »

Ok Craig! See you there!
joescoolcustoms

Post by joescoolcustoms »

After great thought, and disappointment, I will not make MOTF. After finding all my valves ate up do to the locks being ever so slightly too big allowing the valves to move around in the locks and retainers, and then running metal through the engine and oiling system, I had to perform a complete rebuild on my engine for the ECVW trip. Found this problem about 1 1/2 weeks ago and just got everything out of the machine shop. So, I am in deep crunch time getting ready, again.

Instead of making a one day trip to Buffalo to pick up the Hood and Brian's Resorter from Rick and Bob, (6.5 hours each way), I will meet the Shuffle Crew in Columbus Ohio to make the pick up and maybe have dinner with them. Columbus is about 2 hours 45 minutes each way for me.
RedBaronofRedBud

Craig, look forward to riding with ya!

Joe, bummer on the engine and not making MOTF. But, it wouldn't be an ECVW trip for you if it wasn't crunch time! :-) Still, we look forward to seeing you in Columbus!

Tim and Barb Byrnes
Tim and Barb Byrnes
Team Kermit
Long Haul League
ECVW 14
S2B 15
BTTB 15

rzeller

Post by rzeller »

joescoolcustoms wrote:After great thought, and disappointment, I will not make MOTF.
:thumbdown: I was looking forward to showing off the buggy to you :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

I know you will have everything buttoned up in time for ECVW and will have a memorable trip with Darleen. I'll miss you, you big lug!! :wink:
Bud Zeller
Wilmington, NC
Manx Club Member Since 2004 - #2475
Member of the Manx Club's Long Haul League - 2015
2018 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #1356 - Bad News Racing
2022 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #3347 - Bad News Racing & ACME Companies
2023 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #1356 - Bad News Racing
'68 Meyers Manx - M1996F826S
'66 VW Kombi Bus
'73 VW Thing
manxvair

Post by manxvair »

Officially-Day 1, Rancho Cucamonga CA-St George UT. We started off good but then hit some traffic heading up the 15 Fwy towards Victorville, Mark Gruenke recommended a detour that worked out great plus it was actually part of Rte 66. Uneventful drive to Baker CA and our 1st gas stop, where we encountered some tour buses full of people that couldn't believe all the buggies, We had to cut off the photo's so we could get back on the road. It wasn't but a few miles and we suffered our 1st casualty. A flat tire.
We loaded it in the trailer and moved on, It later got fixed in Las Vegas at a Discount tire store that wouldn't even charge him for the repair. A nice tip was left.
At our Gas/lunch stop North of Vegas The Landon's and Connelly's caught up to the group.
some of the crew.
Roger & Dennis
Todd(he sure wishes the A/C worked)
Bob and Diane
Everything was going fine, a bit on the warm side but we were hanging in there. Bruce and Winnie's buggy vapor locked north Mesquite. We let it sit for a while and ran again for awhile but quit just out of the Virgin Gorge.
after a it cooled off we drove it into St. George to the a Hotel. Day 1 complete.
Day 2 will start at 0600 with 17 buggies to try and beat some of the heat.
Mike Dario
Mohave Valley, AZ
Manx Club #957
Manx Club President

Tow'd (Hers)
Manxvair (His)
Manxter Dual Sport #30 Baja Edition #2 (Ours)
Resorter #19-Fuscia(under construction)
Oz-Towdster

Post by Oz-Towdster »

Tell Todd to take a teaspoon of concrete in the morning and harden up

Lol
abgiles

Post by abgiles »

Another Epic Journey underway! I am trying to take as little time off as possible at allow me to try the ECVW trip next year. I couldn't imagine a better time!!
(Loretta) Manx # M2940D910E on customized 1970 chassis that has been "Wheelerized" by Joescoolcustoms
(Scarlett) Manx Resorter #12 (R0012B931S) on 1969 chassis.
(Gunther) Manx 2 # A0202A035E
Tow'dster # TF530G913S
Original Home built buggy that I learned to drive in back in 1995 (the one that started my passion).
Club Member # 4436

Loretta: http://www.manxclub.com/forum/viewtopic ... t=3365Manx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;