Shuffle to Buffalo 2015

Trip tales and travel stories from around the globe. Share your adventure!
FarmerJohnLI

Re: Shuffle to Buffalo 2015

Post by FarmerJohnLI »

WOW , looks like more people / buggies than C2C
you're gonna have a great time !
I'm jealous
rzeller

Post by rzeller »

FarmerJohnLI wrote:WOW , looks like more people / buggies than C2C
you're gonna have a great time !
I'm jealous
Come on John, you're going to be part of PJ2B. How can you beat that!
Bud Zeller
Wilmington, NC
Manx Club Member Since 2004 - #2475
Member of the Manx Club's Long Haul League - 2015
2018 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #1356 - Bad News Racing
2022 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #3347 - Bad News Racing & ACME Companies
2023 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #1356 - Bad News Racing
'68 Meyers Manx - M1996F826S
'66 VW Kombi Bus
'73 VW Thing
markgruenke

Post by markgruenke »

manxvair wrote:Alright people I'm throwing together a "Shuffle to Buffalo" t-shirt order. I do not have a final price yet, I'm still finalizing the details with our vendor(I will post the price ASAP). Due to the short time frame they will only be offered in 1 color, Ash Grey or Charcoal Grey.
They will be available in Long or Short sleeve. The back will be my logo (see below) along with the cities we stay in listed, the front will say "Shuffle to Buffalo" where the left breast pocket would be. If you are interested send me an e-mail and I will notify you of the price as soon as I can. We should be able to deliver to MOTF. I am not looking to make any money off of these, I will only charge what it cost's to produce them.

to order contact me at,
manxvair@sbcglobal.net

I'm in for 2 short sleeve XL. Mark-Mark
manxvair

Post by manxvair »

Lori Ann went to drive her Tow'd around on Saturday and noticed a squealing noise, she brought it home and parked it, I got to take a look at it today and found 1 of the axle nuts loose. It was a good excuse to break out my newly acquired torque multiplier tool. It worked like a charm and problem solved. All of you long distance driver's might want to double check the rear axle nut for the correct tightness! We've seen a lot of stripped brake drums and they are not necessarily easy to find on the open Hwy.

Mike Dario
Mohave Valley, AZ
Manx Club #957
Manx Club President

Tow'd (Hers)
Manxvair (His)
Manxter Dual Sport #30 Baja Edition #2 (Ours)
Resorter #19-Fuscia(under construction)
RedBaronofRedBud

Post by RedBaronofRedBud »

Thanks for the heads up, Mike! I checked ours last week and they were ok. Im still trying to track down a squeak in what seems to be the pass front wheel. Changed bearings and the spacer behind the lock, but still squeaks from time to time. Any ideas?

Tim and Barb
RedBaronofRedBud

Post by RedBaronofRedBud »

The topic of insurance out of the US has been mentioned and I wanted to give an update on my end.

I talked with my agent, and State Farm is good in US and Canada, but not Mexico. So, if you have State Farm, you're in good shape.

Hope that helps.

Tim and Barb
vincent9993

Post by vincent9993 »

RedBaronofRedBud wrote:The topic of insurance out of the US has been mentioned and I wanted to give an update on my end.

I talked with my agent, and State Farm is good in US and Canada, but not Mexico. So, if you have State Farm, you're in good shape.

Hope that helps.

Tim and Barb
Thanks for the info Tim, I'm no expert but I believe most mainstream insurance companies will cover you in Canada. I think the issue is if you have special collectors or show insurance on your buggy. We insure our buggies with regular car insurance and already disclosed to them that we do a lot of miles and travel to USA.

It does not hurt to check.
rzeller

Post by rzeller »

vincent9993 wrote:
RedBaronofRedBud wrote:The topic of insurance out of the US has been mentioned and I wanted to give an update on my end.

Hope that helps.

Tim and Barb
Thanks for the info Tim, I'm no expert but I believe most mainstream insurance companies will cover you in Canada. I think the issue is if you have special collectors or show insurance on your buggy. We insure our buggies with regular car insurance and already disclosed to them that we do a lot of miles and travel to USA.

It does not hurt to check.

Yup, checked with my Classic Car insurance and same, same (good in Canada but not in Mexico). To further, my agent recommended bringing a copy of my policy just for added insurance ( :lolno: pun intended).
Bud Zeller
Wilmington, NC
Manx Club Member Since 2004 - #2475
Member of the Manx Club's Long Haul League - 2015
2018 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #1356 - Bad News Racing
2022 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #3347 - Bad News Racing & ACME Companies
2023 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #1356 - Bad News Racing
'68 Meyers Manx - M1996F826S
'66 VW Kombi Bus
'73 VW Thing
Laxkraap

Post by Laxkraap »

Manxvair
Your 'torque meister' must be alittle different than mine (got mine from CIP) or maybe the drum is...I had to make a 'spacer' to go between the drum and the part with the teeth on it because it hit the ribs on the outside of the drum and which made it sit on an angle.
My drums are for a long spline long axle which i think are normally 4 lug? I wanted the wide five drums.
That was the first 'curve ball' my buggy threw at me.

Tony
"So i got that goin' for me,which is nice"
manxvair

Post by manxvair »

Laxkraap wrote:Manxvair
Your 'torque meister' must be alittle different than mine (got mine from CIP) or maybe the drum is...I had to make a 'spacer' to go between the drum and the part with the teeth on it because it hit the ribs on the outside of the drum and which made it sit on an angle.
My drums are for a long spline long axle which i think are normally 4 lug? I wanted the wide five drums.
That was the first 'curve ball' my buggy threw at me.

Tony
I got mine from CIP also, We are using the 181 drums on a type 1 stub axle.
Mike Dario
Mohave Valley, AZ
Manx Club #957
Manx Club President

Tow'd (Hers)
Manxvair (His)
manxvair

Post by manxvair »

Only 12 more days! until the Shuffle to Buffalo starts for me!
Mike Dario
Mohave Valley, AZ
Manx Club #957
Manx Club President

Tow'd (Hers)
Manxvair (His)
Scott-Drolet

Post by Scott-Drolet »

Me too! Today I changed the oil, Got rid of the gawd d*mn Empi electronic speed sensor speedometer cable and replaced it with a VDO GPS digital sender (much, MUCH , Better), added a Rugged Radios Intercom system. I'm ready to roll!

MIKE - Are you going to do anything in case it rains - side doors? I'm trying to figure out if I should try to whip something up to attach to the hard top, or just poncho-it if we run into rain / tornadoes / hurricanes / tropical depressions / plague / locusts, etc.
ManxManiac

Post by ManxManiac »

Note to Laxkraap, Mike Dario et al... I have one of the first copies made of the Torque-Dude or whatever it was called! I've used it on 4 & 5 lug Type 1, Type 3 & Thing drums, without making any adapters! Also Mike, I noticed you are using a "Helping Hand" to keep the drum from turning, did you try torquing the nut without the "HH"??? I have many times! These Torque-Buddies are one of the best tools ever & I always carry ours everywhere we travel!
Michael Cates
ManxManiac
Ventura, CA
Original Meyers Manx "Xena"
M1609C8S22
manxvair

Post by manxvair »

Scott-as far as weather goes, we're taking jackets! and going for it.

Manxmaniac- I sure I really didn't need the "helping Hand" on the drum, but it was the 1st time I've used one and I wasn't sure how little effort would be needed to reach the correct torque setting. It worked great.
Mike Dario
Mohave Valley, AZ
Manx Club #957
Manx Club President

Tow'd (Hers)
Manxvair (His)
Laxkraap

Post by Laxkraap »

ManxManiac wrote:Note to Laxkraap, Mike Dario et al... I have one of the first copies made of the Torque-Dude or whatever it was called! I've used it on 4 & 5 lug Type 1, Type 3 & Thing drums, without making any adapters! Also Mike, I noticed you are using a "Helping Hand" to keep the drum from turning, did you try torquing the nut without the "HH"??? I have many times! These Torque-Buddies are one of the best tools ever & I always carry ours everywhere we travel!
I think the problem with mine is ...i'm using 'conversion' drums from cip.My transaxel is a long spline,long axle and the p.o. was using the wide5 with a spacer on the outside of the drum between the drum and axle nut.I didn't like that set-up.I may have been able to use thing drums but am unsure?
Anyway the spacer is needed to keep things 'on plane'.

Tony
"So i got that goin' for me,which is nice"