Manxter DualSport and Offroad Manxter Run 2 Nov 2014 - SOCAL

Trip tales and travel stories from around the globe. Share your adventure!
Manx-Australia

Manxter DualSport and Offroad Manxter Run 2 Nov 2014 - SOCAL

Post by Manx-Australia »

For anyone who is interested there will be a run from Lake Henshaw on 2 Nov 14 and I am trying to get as many Manxter DualSport Buggies and Offroad Manxter 2+2's along as possible.

I hate Yuki and it seems to hate me as well so for details and interest please contact me direct via email brad AT barnfab with a dot com or keep and eye on the trip thread over on the Meyers Manx Info Forum.

http://meyersmanx.info/forum/viewtopic. ... dcb20ad811

Hope to see some of you out there .
manxvair

Re: Manxter DualSport and Offroad Manxter Run 2 Nov 2014 - S

Post by manxvair »

If anybody has an extra seat for this run, I'd like to hitch a ride. Thanks.
ManxManiac

Post by ManxManiac »

If you don't have a Manxter, is an original authenticated Meyers Manx OK??? Thanks!
Ed-Chenal

Post by Ed-Chenal »

Etiquette is a funny thing. Regardless of how noble your intentions are, they might not be received in the fashion in which you intended.

So........your invitation seems to suggest particular vehicles are being sought to participate in the outing. Many folks on this forum don't own those vehicles therefore, are they invited as well?

If we have misunderstood the invite, please clarify it for us.
Manx-Australia

Post by Manx-Australia »

Ok my intention is to get as Many Manxter DualSport and Manxter 2+2 Offroad Versions together as possible with the main reason being that I want to get some good video footage and pictures for a project I am working on. This is the reason I called it a DualSport and Manxter 2+2 Run.

That being said Buggies are not about exclusion and if anyone else wants to come along in their Manx, Clone etc then they are more than welcome as long as they don't get annoyed when I ask them on the odd occasion to stay out of shot or allow the Manxter and DualSport Buggies to travel together so I can get the shots I am after and respect that is what I am trying to do.

Having done a bit of filming over the years I know from experience that almost all the good stuff is semi staged or the result of a lot of raw footage. All the Manxter's and DualSports will be fitted with GoPro's etc so we should end up with enough Raw footage without staging to much. I am only after around 5 minutes of edited footage and with a dozen camera's I should be able to achieve that.

We are planning on leaving Bruce and Winni's place at around 0700 and funnily enough they will not be driving either a Manxter or a Dual Sports.

Mike, if you want a seat I can arrange that for you no problems so feel free to come on down, just confirm with me you are coming so I make sure you have a seat.

Does that clear it up ? Not out to annoy anyone and so there is no confusion this is not an official Manx Club run it is a just a group of like minded people heading out to have some fun in the desert.
Ed-Chenal

Post by Ed-Chenal »

Thanks for the explanation.
manxvair

Post by manxvair »

Lori Ann now has her Tow'd, We already had the "Traditional Manx" in the form of the Manxvair. We both agreed our next project would be a Manxter(we think 1 day we'll have grand-kids, maybe!). We love the features/capabilities of the Dual Sport but also see many well setup/equipped 2+2's for I'm sure less $$. I'm interested in this run as a comparison of the models for our future project.
Manx-Australia

Post by Manx-Australia »

I think the thing is that the only difference between the Manxter 2+2 and the Manxter DualSport kits is that the DualSport Kit has 3" lift in the sides, humps in the bonnet for coil overs and no rear inner wheel arches in the rear. The DualSport kits gets rear shock hoops in the roll cage and more often than not the cage gets made from 1020 DOM.

All the being said I have a DualSport and a Manxter 2+2 both built with the same cage design etc both running coil over and mid travel suspension.

The cost in building a buggy is largely in the cost of the bits you choose to bolt onto it.

There should be at least one Manxter 2+2 in DualSport Config there to compare for you
Manx-Australia

Post by Manx-Australia »

Oh and the rear seat as in a DS it is a bench and not buckets. This is because the extra side heights allows it to clear the tunnel where as in the 2+2 the buckets drop down either side. The end result of this is that the person in the back can site sideways a bit easier if they are tall.

Post by 1856 »

Manx Australia, Perhaps I'm just reading between the lines ... With that being said. I under stand that you build nice Buggies. Is this 'short take video' going to be used to market your talents?

MnC
Manx-Australia

Post by Manx-Australia »

So there is no confusion, as I too can read between the lines and you are simply asking if I am trying to get people to market my business by organising a casual buggy run and then using the footage for my own purposes. Simple answer is no but it does highlight why so many people out there are turned off the Manx Club and its members. Here I am just putting up an offer for people to come out and do some buggying and spend some time with other buggy dudes and enjoy what Mother Nature has given us and here is you trying to start a sh#@t fight on the internet.

The only reason I am even justifying a response is that I in no way want you to achieve your aim of starting a sh#&t fight or detracting from what I am trying to achieve.

I will address a few points:

- The only reason we are even discussing this is because I have been open in what I am trying to achieve. Unlike yourself I have no interest in making half assed veiled calls about someone’s intent. If you have an issue with what I am doing, simply DO NOT COME and then it will have no direct impact on your life. If you can’t help yourself and watch the video after the fact then do so with your grumpy goggles on so you don’t dare smile and enjoy the experience.

- Turn Key Manx which is no doubt the business you are talking about which by the way sponsors the Manx Club, Helped build the C2C buggy which the club profited from and helped out many club members for free is no longer my business as I have moved on from it into full time software development. The new owners, to whom the business was given too as they were nice people and had helped me out, Nate and Pat are currently transitioning from my shop to his own still located in Valley Center and doing great things ( Free Plug J)

- The main aim as stated previously is to get some footage to advertise the Manxter DualSports environment and show people the benefit to having a street legal buggy and a few good mates. This will be done through quality footage, interviews and a hell of a lot of time in editing. These videos which are shot and edited by myself using equipment and time out of my own pocket will be put on YouTube (under Buggy Brad) linking back to Meyers Manx as they are the direct and only intentional benefactors of all of my efforts. If collateral benefits should flow to others such as Turn Key Manx or Meyers Manx Australia then that is a bonus not a direct intent and any benefit would simply be third hand by people looking around.

- If anyone who attends the day does not wish for their buggy to be filmed or any GoPro's to be fitted to their buggy then that is 100% fine with me and unlike some I am 100% up front and to the point. I will be asking each person who comes if they mind and explaining what we are out to do. Same with the GPS trackers their purpose is little more than entertainment in allowing Speedos and routes to be edited into the video - (warning this clip has Google AdSense. Last year out of the 40 odd videos I made and uploaded I made $2.37 so be aware if you click on it you might be accidently getting me $0.01 or less)

- Bruce and Winnie will be there and as those who attend will soon realise this is for their benefit and why they support my crazy endeavours. In case you hadn't noticed they do a hell of a lot for the club and the members and never ask anything in return. As a result of that and the way they have opened their home and their heart to both me and my family over the years I have done, and will continue to look out and assist them whenever I can. Here is another one of our current projects

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crnF3FB6P6w[/youtube]
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FURs1pVWl0Q[/youtube]

- It is funny when I posted this on here I never in a million years thought people would get all uptight about it being only Manxters, suggesting it being for my commercial benefit, or having some sort of hidden agenda. It amazed me how buggy world is going from the fun loving and carefree place of in another direction.

Please anyone else who is reading this thread, take a few deep breaths, head out to the Garage and sit in your buggy, make some engine noises and start working out how you are going to get it to Bruce and Winnie’s for a 0700 start on 2 Nov 14 or if you aren’t going to make it get your mouse finger ready to click on the super cool YouTube video J

Buggy On !!!

Post by 1856 »

WOOO, I guess I touched a prickly spot. However it was interesting to read your story. I think your correct though a "Simple no ..." would suffice. I didn't intend to stir a latent caldron...

I'm now in the shop making purring noises ...
Mark
jsturtlebuggy

Post by jsturtlebuggy »

So it Sunday November 2nd, 2014 at B&Ws place at 0700 meet up.
I try and be there if it not raining hard in the valley.
GotManx

Post by GotManx »

I'm ready to go and looking forward to whatever Sunday brings.