Manxter DualSport and Offroad Manxter Run 2 Nov 2014 - SOCAL

Trip tales and travel stories from around the globe. Share your adventure!
Manx-Australia

Re: Manxter DualSport and Offroad Manxter Run 2 Nov 2014 - S

Post by Manx-Australia »

Good to hear you can make it Joe, will be great to get some footage of your buggy in Action.

So far it should be very interesting as we will have a very nice collection of setups with N/A VW, Turbo VW, N/A Subaru, Turbo Subaru.

I have 3 GPS Trackers and hopefully a few guys will get a chance to download a tracker for their Smart Phones. It is very interesting to see what the video looks like when you align it with the GPX Files and see the speeds, acel / dcel and paths taken.

Should make for some very cool footage and a great opportunity to see some Offroad Manxters in Action doing what they do best.

I have been having some issues with the steering in the old Silver Beast so am keen on seeing what setup other people have and how they find it, as suggested to me the other day maybe I just expect to much on road from it. I am down to 400PSI in the pump now and still no chatter so not sure what is in there.

Anyway back to work have some more dialling to do and a Dual Sports to get back together.

Remember if you get a chance download a GPS Tracker and bring your camera.

Looking forward to catching up with everyone so if your thinking about it I reckon it will be an awesome day and with guys like Mark and Bruce leading the way I am sure some pretty cool places will be reached and fun had by all.
Manx-Australia

Post by Manx-Australia »

Oops almost missed this, no prickly spot I just hate it when people have to try and find a negative in everything people try and do. Fun will be the winner on the day and that's what matters as if you are into buggies for any other reason you will more often then not end up disappointed. Purrrrrr on, better still come out and join us smiley: eek

Buggy On !!
Manx-Australia

Post by Manx-Australia »

Not long now, the drivers are starting to show up at Bruce and Winnie's already and we have arranged some SOCAL Dust Suppression so it is looking like a great day.

Hope to see you all out there, rail, hail or shine it will be on !!
Manx-Australia

Post by Manx-Australia »

Well it was an AWESOME day and we could not have asked for better weather.

Trip report will follow in the coming weeks but needless to say it will not be the last trip we do this season !!

Thanks to Bruce, Winnie, Nate, Pat, Mark, Mike, Joe, Joe, Craig, Stuart and Jon for making it a great day.

Buggy On !!

Manx-Australia

Post by Manx-Australia »

On Nov 2nd I was lucky enough to get together with a few other Manxter DualSport Owners and head out to the desert for a play. Keep in mind this was really the 1st time I had been out there since I moved to SOCAL.

Anyway, I was amazed at how much change there was in just a short period of driving in regards to the landscape and surrounds.

Anyway here is a short clip of some of the cool stuff I got to see. Thanks to Mark, Jon, Joe, Bruce and Nate for taking me along and making the day possible.

jsturtlebuggy

Post by jsturtlebuggy »

Nice video Brad. It was a great day for a buggy ride except for the rock that popped up in the dry wash and decided to say hi.
Manx-Australia

Post by Manx-Australia »

Yeah I will have to send you the video of the even. It certainly stopped you in your tracks.