Manx Club Big Bear 2014

Trip tales and travel stories from around the globe. Share your adventure!
Old-Towd

Manx Club Big Bear 2014

Post by Old-Towd »

50th Anniversary, definitely an event to remember.  Me and Christy really enjoyed this event.  

Joseph in his Manxter and Bill enjoying the day.

President Vince in his wife's new Kick Out SS and Bill.

Jay explaining to Scott about the one that got away.

Here's the raffle buggy and Bruce posing for photos.

The past event dinner left much to be desired but this year there were no complaints. 

Celebration Banquet Room

Friday's green ribbon off road run river crossing.

Ed-Chenal

Re: Manx Club Big Bear 2014

Post by Ed-Chenal »

Thanks for posting the pictures Jay.
The event was truly the Mother of all Buggy Gatherings.
I understand that Bob Hunter has already started planning for the Centennial Celebration in 2064.
He is considering the Rose Bowl as a possible venue.
5150bossman

Post by 5150bossman »

What an amazing weekend Happy ! With a count of over 270 entries (and almost 300 buggies! Yes, some people brought two, and sometimes three buggies!), Big Bear was buzzing with all shapes and sizes of buggies Nerd. While parking at the host hotel was on the tight side, most everyone went out of their way to make things work. There was a bit of an issue with the forrest service not allowing organized runs in a couple of areas around the mountain Sick, but for the most part, everything went well. With 4 off-road runs and a poker street run on friday, everyone had a great time. And for those that weren't able to make a run on friday, there were a few more runs on saturday, as well as an extended show-n-shine that was open to the public. Sunday was the raffle and Kick-out give-away. The kick-out found a new home in Anchorage Alaska! Unfortunately, the new owner was not at the event for us to shower praises on. And to top off an already great weekend, to our surprise smiley: eek and delight smiley: tongue we found ourselves on the Hot VW's web site banner!!!! Dale and Onie are in front in the blue buggy, and we are right behind in the yellow one. The second pic is Pete and Julie's towd crusher smiley: eyes smiley: wink before the show-n-shine. Nice work all!

BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

I truly didn't imagine that this event would turn out like it did. All positive feedback. I can not take all the credit for this event. The entire club made it happen, I just gave you all a place to do your thang.
Thank you every body for the kind words. It makes me proud to be a part of this family.
Old-Towd

Post by Old-Towd »

Lunch break green ribbon group  Green Valley Lake

Saturday dinner line

Post by 1856 »

We also had a great time at Big Bear...so many buggies so little time....

FulsGld

Post by FulsGld »

Hey Mark;

A great what? Time? Ice Cream Cone? Bottle of Beer? Sun Shiney Day? Huh???

Post by 1856 »

Yap all of it...
deadeyebart

Post by deadeyebart »

I finally got through processing all the photos we took in Big Bear last summer. There's not room to post them all here, there are 380+ of them, so here's a link to the Flickr photoset: https://www.flickr.com/photos/deadeyeba ... 916345369/

Enjoy!!

Brett
ManxManiac

Post by ManxManiac »

Thanks Brett, awesome photos!!! My wife Patricia & I camped next to you & your lovely wife at Camp Tanda in 2001!