My new Sportster!

Bring your Burros, Sportsters, and other steel bodied buggies out of the corral.
BuggyBob

My new Sportster!

Post by BuggyBob »

Found this puppy in Walker Lake, Nv. coming back from Mojave. Its a burro looking empi> I will call it "Burempi"

louisb

My new Sportster!

Post by louisb »

Cool! You going to keep the RGBs?

--louis
manxvair

My new Sportster!

Post by manxvair »

You should have it ready for Calico, Right! Lol 
Mike Dario
Mohave Valley, AZ
Manx Club #957
Manx Club President

Tow'd (Hers)
Manxvair (His)
Manxter Dual Sport #30 Baja Edition #2 (Ours)
Resorter #19-Fuscia(under construction)
dcamomanx

My new Sportster!

Post by dcamomanx »

Bob,You know I saw that buggy early Oct when we were headed up to Idaho for our annual hunting trip. My father wouldn't stop the truck for us to take a look at it. I guess he was worried that I would want to bring it home. I am glad you got it. Any more details on your new project?
Doran 
BuggyBob

My new Sportster!

Post by BuggyBob »

Ok, since you asked,Doran.
I saw the buggy off the side off the highway heading home some I stopped and looked at it.
I thought I could do something with this thing so I made a few phone calls and got in touch with
one of the local buggy guys. They are real good guys who have about 8 buggies around Hawthorne.
The garage where I met them had a sign above the door stating "Walker Lake Social Club" Anyway,
I got in touch with a fellow named Doug and he said he knew who owned it and the owner would probably sell it.
I asked him how much and he said the guy only paid $150 eight years ago and hasnt moved it since. Doug said
he could use a swing axle chassis. I said I just happened to have one. So I traded him straight up. I asked them the history of the buggy
and they said it was built in Reno back in the 70s. It didnt have a title so I couldnt trace any previous owners.
Im sure when its on the road some one will recognize it. Im keeping the bus reduction in it and going thru the frame and reskin it in aluminum.
It might be ready for Calico 2015.