Manxter 2+2 Build in Australia

The Manxter 2+2 & Dual Sport. Created as an answer to the limitations of the classic Meyers Manx.
Manx-Australia

Post by Manx-Australia »

Had this question on another forum and realised I didn't really show any details on my tunnel mods.

manxdavid wrote:I bought an old Manx type Buggy once that had a similar hole cut. It had never been off road but was showing signs of cracking and distorsion around the hole and the framehead was twisted. That part of the tunnel is really all that supports the frame-head as there's very little strength in the floorpans etc. Not too bad on a full bodied Beetle but it could leave a 'glass Buggy very weak.

Just my two cent's worth though... :lol:

Ahhh ok you think I just cut a hole in there. I guess you may think that as the pictures don't really show it clearly.

I added a CFAB Tunnel Inspection Plate Kit which is a 3mm rolled gusset and 2mm alloy cover plate. I have found this removes any issues with the tunnel and cracking.

Manx-Australia

Post by Manx-Australia »

Wow it seems like just the other day when I was talking about getting a Manxter done for Fraser Island thinking it was months and months away, now some buggy guy I know let me in on the fact it was only 60 Days till we were booked on a Barge ... man that is not long at all ...

Luckily for me my wife is AWESOME and has given me a Buggy Pass to remove any blame I may have thought of pushing her way if I failed to complete it. Like most things in life having a supportive wife makes a lot of difference.

So with that in mind I did an all nighter and when I came out from eating breakfast, or was that dinner .. I had a smile on my face as the trailer was loaded and it was off to get the braided stainless brake and clutch lines sorted ...

GotManx

Post by GotManx »

Manx Australia wrote:Wow it seems like just the other day when I was talking about getting a Manxter done for Fraser Island thinking it was months and months away, now some buggy guy I know let me in on the fact it was only 60 Days till we were booked on a Barge ... man that is not long at all ...
 No problem Brad...  This one got built in about the same amount of time.  It only went 115 miles, but don't worry about that.

Good luck on the build - It is looking great!
Manx-Australia

Post by Manx-Australia »

Well it has been a while and I have been flat out ... whoever decided to build a Manxter, start a business and keep a real job was an idiot .....

Going to write a story for the Manx Mania so will leave some details for that, until then I have about 10 days left till we leave on a 7 day holidy to Fraser Island, should be a great test run if I make it ....

Still a long way to go ....
Manx-Australia

Post by Manx-Australia »

Finished at 0900 on the day we left for a 1000km round trip to Fraser Island. Was great to have 4 seats and the wife and kid with me.

GotManx

Post by GotManx »

Looks great!  Congratulations on getting it done.
Manx-Australia

Post by Manx-Australia »

Cheers thanks for the feedback have been having a hoot driving it around