Where are all the Manxters ??

The Manxter 2+2 & Dual Sport. Created as an answer to the limitations of the classic Meyers Manx.
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)
Manx-Australia

Post by Manx-Australia »

jsturtlebuggy wrote:Brad,
Bob's Baja Manxter is 001 Manxter 2+2.   It is not a Manxter Dual Sport.
Bruce has the first Manxter Dual Sport #000
Bob DeNault has Manxter Dual Sport #001
Ah ok I will change it around and make it right. See that is why we nned to collect the info/

manxdavid I think you will find that was just the body Kathleen sold when she changed to Subaru Power .

manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

[quote="Manx Australia wrote [/b]manxdavid I think you will find that was just the body Kathleen sold when she changed to Subaru Power .

[/quote]
I know, and this is only my opinion but that Manxter's just not the same without the correct cage, lights, mirrors, bumpers etc. Each to their own though I suppose...
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)
Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

When we sold the body, we offered to get a cage, dashboard and the other parts which Winnie wanted to sell separatley to complete the car, but the new buyer refused.  I don't know if has been sold again yet.  Tom
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)
eurekagary

Post by eurekagary »

Here is Manxter #59  Magma Orange.  Its been a while since I have worked on it but back to work now.   I had a job that didn't give me much free time to get in there.  Just hope to finish this year.ImageImage Gary and Annie Dam
The Colony, Tx 
BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

Mine is still in the garage. Too cold to take it out.It hasnt even been cleaned since Calico. Woe is me.
FulsGld

Post by FulsGld »

You might as well give it away Bob. If I could fit into it, I would take it off your hands, but woe is me. You going to be at Sinkyone this year??
Gary Berry
Prosser, WA
1971 Turista
1969 ManxVair
Member #1112
BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

We will be there if its in the cards
Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

Here is #85, for sale on The Samba http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1126823 . Pretty high asking price.  Tom
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)
Ed-Chenal

Post by Ed-Chenal »

Tom Kathleen"]Here is #85, for sale on The Samba http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1126823 . Pretty high asking price.  Tom

California Dreaming....
Ed
73SpeedBuggy

Post by 73SpeedBuggy »

Tom Kathleen wrote:Here is #85, for sale on The Samba http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1126823 . Pretty high asking price.  Tom
Well, to be fair, it does have a Mendeola transaxle.. that's 1/3 of the asking price right there!
jlowery

Post by jlowery »

Here is Manxter #007 (Ocean Spray) arriving home Dec 2006.   Unfortunately, as Jon mentioned, it's in storage until other projects are finished.
Hope to have it on the road in 2012.

Joe
Joe Lowery
Manx Club #776

Fibertech SWB
MGM LWB
Manxter DS #007
Manx-Australia

Post by Manx-Australia »

Hi Joe,

So manxter 007 is a Dual Sports ?
Philoo

Post by Philoo »

Hallo everybody.

I am the owner of Manxter 2+2 #62.

It was the red Mendeola demo car that I bought at the beginning of 2009 when they sold their 2006 built demo cars. It is the Manxter that is still pictured as red "R Model" on their website. It is now in France, near Bordeaux ! I think it the only US assembled Manxter in France (there is an official european licensed production that is made in Portugal)

Since 2009, my Manxter got vented sidepods, front discs, dropped spindles, bimini soft top, 6 Autometer gauges on dashboard, Momo steering wheel and Formula 1 rear view mirrors. This winter, I have replaced the basic 1600cc Mexico engine by a homemade 1915cc with dual Dellortos to get approx. 100 HP.

It is mainly driven by my wife Isabelle as daily driver car at sunny days.

Here is a recent picture : Image

... more pics to come soon
Cheers
Last edited by Philoo on Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
73SpeedBuggy

Post by 73SpeedBuggy »

Manx Australia wrote:Hi Guys,

My name is Brad and I am about to start building Manxters in Australia. I am also moving the Meyers Manx Register online for Bruce and Winnie and was just wondering where all the Manxters are hiding. Out of over 120 sold there seems to be only 1 or two on here. Any idea on where I might find info on all the others ?

I am very keen on getting the Register up to date with a few pictures of each manxter before they get any older and go the way of the old Manx's where many of them are just unknow.

Any help would be great.
Did this ever happen?  I'd love to see where all the Manxters are.