Steering fixture for dual sport

The Manxter 2+2 & Dual Sport. Created as an answer to the limitations of the classic Meyers Manx.
Artie8804

Steering fixture for dual sport

Post by Artie8804 »

Does anyone have this fixture or any details on them. I am trying to create something very similar, but I can not find enough pictures or details to start cutting and bending metal. Thanks for any help.

Artie8804

Re: Steering fixture for dual sport

Post by Artie8804 »

Had to design my own.

Pedals
Artie8804

Post by Artie8804 »

Coming together.
jsturtlebuggy

Post by jsturtlebuggy »

Looks real good. Do you have the upper part of the steering column that bolts to it?
Joseph
Manx Club #1095
Having fun with Buggies since 1970
Worked in VWs in shops since 1970
Artie8804

Post by Artie8804 »

I have the steering column. I have designed the " donut" that will mount the steering column to the plate. I had so much trouble trying to find any information or detail pictures in it. My machining guy will make it like a split shaft collar. It's gonna cost a bit more than a split washer though. I'm just mocking things up with these now and I will have that part created later.

It will be cut in half and bolt together to hold the column firm.
Artie8804

Post by Artie8804 »

Brad

Post by Brad »

looking good, silly question but did you do a complete mock up ?

The steering shaft often busts your balls when you do setup as it needs to get from the rack to the column and the column needs to be where it needs to be in relation to the seats.

I see it looks tacked so I would resist welding anything out until you get your seats, column, wheel rack etc in place.

On the DSBE we actually have to check out the side of the pedal to get clearance.
Artie8804

Post by Artie8804 »

Yeah it's just tack welded right now. I just got the steering wheel and quick disconnect so I can mock that up, which will also tell me placement for the seat mounting plates. I am still undecided on a steering rack though so noting is final yet.