Manxter dual sport #32

The Manxter 2+2 & Dual Sport. Created as an answer to the limitations of the classic Meyers Manx.
Artie8804

Manxter dual sport #32

Post by Artie8804 »

Hello all. I am building dual sport # 32 and figured I would share the build here. I may be asking for advice in the near future. Currently doing a lot of fabrication. Here is the plan

Stock pan modified, Subarugears transmission, ej20t engine, a-arm front end, 3x3 rears and a lot of style 8)

Here are a couple of pictures.

vincent9993

Re: Manxter dual sport #32

Post by vincent9993 »

Very nice, thanks for sharing, keep us posted on your progress!
Artie8804

Post by Artie8804 »

Had to modify the rear support.

Jigged it to stay true.

All notched in.

Almost ready for the radiator support.
Artie8804

Post by Artie8804 »

Just progress pictures

Artie8804

Post by Artie8804 »

Decided to get a Tilton pedal set. I really like the quality so far.

lastmanx

Post by lastmanx »

super nice build. you seem to be building a race car. do you plan to race? just roughly what do you estimate the cost. I only ask so newbies can get an idea of the real expense that can be spent on a wild ride. I hear all the time from newbies or from people who want to get into the hobby believing that they can build a top line buggy inexpensively and easily. I try to explain they can't. I try to impress upon them the wildly modified top notch builds being built by people who know what they are doing like yourself and the expense. Some also see high priced buggys for sale and then think their broken down project is highly valuable. I'm only trying to slap a little reality into them. Your Manxter is clearly not a simple stock component build. It is clearly awesome! It is inspiring to me to see someone building their dream buggy. Have fun.
Artie8804

Post by Artie8804 »

Thanks for the kind words. I am by no means and expert or race car builder. I am just taking my time and build it right so I have few regrets. Completed project will be well over 30k to build ( including the body of course. I would estimate about 35k. I also realize that I will never be able to sell it for that. It's more about the hobby than anything.
Artie8804

Post by Artie8804 »

Got some work done yesterday.

Seam welded the rear frame horns

Also got the body bolted in a couple of spots. Huge mile stone as this means i can mount the side intrusion bars and start to make my exoskeleton.
Artie8804

Post by Artie8804 »

Also welded up my front beam mounting plate.