Buggy of the Month

The Manxter 2+2 & Dual Sport. Created as an answer to the limitations of the classic Meyers Manx.
Rapid63

Buggy of the Month

Post by Rapid63 »

Wayne in Canada , how come there hasn't been bugyy's of the month since Feb??? , alway's look forward to looking at the buggy's and voting
Gene-C

Lack of BOTM

Post by Gene-C »

I can think of a couple of reasons that there has not been a Buggy of the Month (BOTM) since February. 1. A general lack of interest in this topic by the membership. This is evident by the lack of buggies submitted for judging by their individual owners. 2. I believe that this is an item that has fallen into a crack during the transfer to a membership run club. 3. An indication based on the numbers of members who vote, that this item has a very low priority. This is just my opinion. A look at the number of votes & the repeated requests by the webmaster for valid entries indicates to me that the average member could care less.
Lee

Post by Lee »

I think Joe's right. The BOTM section was very active years ago, but I think everyone who wanted to have their buggy judged has already submitted it in the past. Also, it seems like the majority of the MC members are not online. This becomes evident upon attending a MC event, when you see over 100 buggies show up at Big Bear when hardly anyone talked about the event online.
LIGreenManx

Post by LIGreenManx »

what the hell just use mine again its a good topic :) Ron
rzeller

Post by rzeller »

[font=MS Sans Serif]Maybe it?s time to consider a different angle on this BOM topic. I?ve always thought that the club would run out of candidates for the BOM voting. When active, in a given year you had 60 (5 candidate buggies x 12 months) buggies that couldn?t be submitted a second time for consideration (that is if you discount the buggies that were sold to someone else and then were re-submitted). Eventually, your candidate pool dwindles down (i.e. not enough candidates to fill out a monthly ballot). [font=MS Sans Serif]Here?s another suggestion: how about a BOM (without judging/voting) submission that is highlighted each month? The owner submits a short story about where they got it, how they restored it, how they hid parts in their garage so the wife doesn?t clue in to how much $$ they are spending on restoring (that might just be me), etc. Without the judging, no one is critiqued, no one?s feelings are hurt because they didn?t build it a particular way, no popularity contest, etc. [font=MS Sans Serif]Just another way to recycle member?s rides and possibly give some new ideas to those of us that never stop restoring our obsessions. [font=MS Sans Serif]My 3 cents (adjusted for inflation). [font=MS Sans Serif]Bud
Bud Zeller
Wilmington, NC
Manx Club Member Since 2004 - #2475
Member of the Manx Club's Long Haul League - 2015
2018 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #1356 - Bad News Racing
2022 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #3347 - Bad News Racing & ACME Companies
2023 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #1356 - Bad News Racing
'68 Meyers Manx - M1996F826S
'66 VW Kombi Bus
'73 VW Thing
markmark

Post by markmark »

I like that idea^
fubar

Post by fubar »

Do you have to be a member to submit an entry? I have heard rumors about opening part of the forums to the general buggy public for a long time now.
Lee

Post by Lee »

Bud, I think that was the original idea behind the "Member's Rides" section of the forum. I really like the idea, as I enjoy reading about different buggies and I don't consider one to be better than the other. They are all reflections of their owners/builders.
rzeller

Post by rzeller »

[QUOTE="Lee"]Bud, I think that was the original idea behind the "Member's Rides" section of the forum.[/QUOTE] Lee, There has been so little traffic in that section that I completely forgot about it :o Just a guess, but there might be a little more interest in submitting a buggy if the highlighted buggy got the same prestige (meaning featured on the front page of the main club site) as the current BOM. (I'm now humming the old Dr. Hook song, "Cover Of The Rolling Stone") Just trying to brainstorm some ways to renew some interest and traffic. Like you, I believe each buggy is unique to the owner and I love to see them. I've gotten/stolen/borrowed many ideas from others work :D Bud
Bud Zeller
Wilmington, NC
Manx Club Member Since 2004 - #2475
Member of the Manx Club's Long Haul League - 2015
2018 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #1356 - Bad News Racing
2022 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #3347 - Bad News Racing & ACME Companies
2023 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #1356 - Bad News Racing
'68 Meyers Manx - M1996F826S
'66 VW Kombi Bus
'73 VW Thing
Rapid63

Bom

Post by Rapid63 »

Wayne in Canada again, glad to see I stirred up the BOM , I build two or three dunebuggy's every winter and sell them so there is still interest here in the frozen north, the Max we cane use our buggy's here is three -four months during the summer,Still get lots of looks adnd thumbs up and smiles when I drive my buggy around, New generation of buggy lovers and owners coming on line. Would love to go to big bear bash but a long ways for a poor old canuck Like BOM will submit some pictures Wayne