I might have to sell my project

The Manxter 2+2 & Dual Sport. Created as an answer to the limitations of the classic Meyers Manx.
Reverb

I might have to sell my project

Post by Reverb »

I just recieved a letter that my disablity claim is being closed, effective immediately. No warning, just closed, bing bam boom. I had a long term disability plan with my previous employer, and unfortunately, had to use it a few years ago. I lost my left eye to cancer, which ended a 23 year career. It was my understanding that since my career was ended, they would pay me while I attend classes for a new career. They feel I can work making coffee at Circle K, or flipping burgers at McDonalds. I sent in an appeal letter stating that I haven`t completed my classes yet, but haven`t heard back yet. I`m a single dad with a 10 year old, so the panic mode is really setting in. So much for the buggy project I never got to do with my dad. Selling the buggy is a last resort, but feeding my kid has to come first. :cry:
manx1111pla

Post by manx1111pla »

Dennis, we all wish you the best of luck, i'm one of those, i see the cup as half full. i've had some dark days myself but i have always been firm believer that when one door closes another one will open up thats better. it's always worked for me. (easy to say, harder to do)
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

Hi Dennis,, Im with Dale on this thing,, life throws far too much crap at us at times,,,, hope all works out fine for you and your 10 year old,,,, Im sure it will,,, all the best and good luck from sunny old England :hello:
fubar

Post by fubar »

I can send food and or surplus parts. Post a wish list. Keep the buggy. It will get you through the dark days.
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

[QUOTE="fubar"] Keep the buggy. It will get you through the dark days.[/QUOTE] Thats true,,,,,when ever I feel down a drive in the buggy works wonders :driving: Keep us posted with the appeal letter Dennis,,,,, How big is this club?? maybe we should all go in MOB HANDED. The system is just so wrong :x
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

Dennis, I feel for you man. I am also a single dad with a 12 year old girl. I agree kids come first but you have to do something for yourself. I wouldnt sell the buggy. I'm sure you can work things out. Many of us here are willing to help out. Let us know what you need. Good Luck,
Reverb

Post by Reverb »

Thanks for the kind words guys. Believe me, selling the project is a "if all else fails" type of thing. I must`ve been in a "woe is me" kind of mood when I posted it. My dog even still thinks I'm really cool, especially when I have food. I haven`t heard back yet, concerning the appeal letter, but I`ll keep you informed. :hello:
Reverb

OK...A Breif Update

Post by Reverb »

I still haven`t resolved the disability issue, but things are somewhat stable for now. A friend put me on part time driving an airport shuttle van. We don`t cater to the general public, we have a contract with the U.S. Army transporting soldiers from Tucson Airport to Fort Huachuca (U.S. Army Base). The pay isn`t going to make anybody rich, but it`s enough to keep me above water for now, thank God for that. And it makes for some interesting conversations on the 75 mile trip. So for now, the project gets to stay. :clap: Which brings up a question. I finally got my new nose cone for the tranny. It comes with a coating on it (cosmolene)? What is the best way to remove this gunk?
167luckycharm

Use aerosol

Post by 167luckycharm »

BrakeKleen. That stuff is cheap and really cuts into the greasy stuff. I use it to clean the paint out of spray can nozzles. Sometimes turning the can over and clearing the nozzle is not enough. Next paint job looks like hell unless all that dried paint is out of the orifice. One of the good sides of it is it dries without any oily residue. I use the non-chlorinated stuff. Down side is you don't want that stuff in your eyes. Aloha!
fubar

Post by fubar »

Throw it in the dishwasher.
Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

WD40, the miracle solvent. Tom
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)