isn't the Manx Logo copyrighted?

The Manxter 2+2 & Dual Sport. Created as an answer to the limitations of the classic Meyers Manx.
cadman2005

isn't the Manx Logo copyrighted?

Post by cadman2005 »

I found this auction earlier this week and was wondering if this was legal to sell items with the manx logo without permission,or is it poss they have permission? The knob looks pretty cool but I refuse to deal with anyone ripping Bruce off http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... AMEWA%3AIT
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

Interesting. I'll let Winnie know.
CairoManx

Post by CairoManx »

I spoke to Winnie about it earlier this week. We think the person making the knob, bought one of the pins from the club and then encased it inside the clear plastic. As long as he isn't reproducing the Manx logo, it looks OK. If somebody does bid on one they could double check that he bought the pin from the club and didn't make it himself. Image Image
MickeyUSA

Post by MickeyUSA »

I have talk to the people making shifter knob about two weeks ago. I was looking at something else and these came up, someone had in fact bought the pins from the Manx Club and they incased them for the Shifter knob. They appear to do very good quality and do nice customized work. During the conversation they stated they would not make the logo themselves this includes the volkswagen and Manx emblems. It might be something the club wants to offer.
retgmcusn

Club shifter knob.

Post by retgmcusn »

[QUOTE="MickeyUSA"] It might be something the club wants to offer.[/QUOTE] [font=Comic Sans MS]If the club were to offer them, I would definitely buy one.
smanx57

Post by smanx57 »

If these were to be offered, they would probably sell out quick. I want one!
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

Its got me thinking of what i can do with the Manxclub badge I've got that the pin broke off... Maybe set it in the speedometer face??? Any ideas?
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)
90volts

Post by 90volts »

In a horn button
allen pierce

Post by allen pierce »

Send it to me. I'll take care of it... OK, just kidding. Yeah, machine it into a center steering wheel "something or other" (be it a horn button or just a "cover cap").