Manxter Style Engine Cage

The Manxter 2+2 & Dual Sport. Created as an answer to the limitations of the classic Meyers Manx.
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

You can buy tube bumpers, of all types, via Hot VW Mag. They have double tube or single tube. ( Pacific customs $36-$55)I have 2 single tube ones (called rear cage for a Baja) and can't give them away. They look similiar to the one from Hawaii. :2cents: Jimbo
167luckycharm

Post by 167luckycharm »

Several pics of the bumper and the engine bracket. For those that would like an alternative to the Manxter bumper anyway. The threaded plate fits between the plastic block and on top of the channel section welded to the crosspiece. The 1/2 bolt goes up through the slot in threads up into the plate. When tightened, it will force up against the engine case and be supported by the bumper. The angle strip bolts up against the transaxle mount and the lower bumper rails slide onto the 1" pipes welded at each end. There's enough tension to keep the bumper from sliding off when everything is tightened up. Just my 3 cents...
flaboyjim

Post by flaboyjim »

Hey guys and gals - Manx Club does sell the manxter style rear bumper - made of stainless and lazer cut inlay... it is a bit pricy - but it is original. a little over $500. I spoke to Winnie today - the manxter rear bumper is registered with the manxter with the copyright. NO COPIES PLEASE!!!!
Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

I hope that price includes all the parts needed to properly mount the Manxter rear bumper. You need a motor mount (mxtr-123-B type 1 or mxtr-122A type II), 2 upper rear bumper brackets (left mxtr-122 -B, right mxtr-122-A), 2 lower rear bumper brackets (mxtr-120), 2 rear bumpers (left mxtr-118 & right mxtr-117) and the crowning part, the rear logo bar (mxtr-119). All bumper parts are stainless, the brackets are plain steel. You also need some small nuts & bolts. It is adjustable lengthwise and offers a lot of exhaust clearance. Tom
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)