Front suspension

The Manxter 2+2 & Dual Sport. Created as an answer to the limitations of the classic Meyers Manx.
mightymanx

Front suspension

Post by mightymanx »

I think that I have a leaf broken on the front end. I have heard some people talking about cutting some of the leaves in order to soften the ride. Since this has never been done I was wondering if I should just cut the leaf that is broken on the other side or replace them and then cut them. Also how difficult is it to do this and can you just cut one leaf say on the top bar and leave the lower bar alone or do I need to cut the leaves on both?
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

In either case you'll have to disassemble the front end. (Remove the wheels, brakes, spindles, loosen the grub screw in the center and slide out the stack of leaf spring.) You should just get a set a leaves from a boneyard or someone and install them, Its going to be the same amount of work. :eat:
shaihulud

Post by shaihulud »

Whatever you do make sure that you put the leaves back in the same relationships that they had when you took them out. Label them carefully as to which is the left or right side and which way is to the back. A leaf which has been flexing in a certain way does not like to flex the other way. The same is true of the rear torsion bars.